Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
@millercarbon. What happened to everything matters? I mean you said everything matters, everything. So now you’re not going to sweat the small stuff?
Seriously? This is the level of childishness? Yes everything matters. Every tiny little thing makes a difference. But not every tiny little thing is worth getting your panties in a twist over. So give em a tug, tidy up, and try and do better next time.
Chuck, congratulations on your new Moabs!  I know you like to tweak, but make sure you get plenty of help moving them — hernias don’t aid listening enjoyment.  And when you are settled in, invite us all over for a beer!  Cheers!
Post removed 
Chuck, congratulations on your new Moabs!  I know you like to tweak, but make sure you get plenty of help moving them — hernias don’t aid listening enjoyment.  And when you are settled in, invite us all over for a beer!  Cheers!

They're only a little taller and heavier than the Talons, and I've moved those around a lot. My concern is when they're still boxed up, moving them around, unboxing. The Talons were crated so big they had to be uncrated in the garage. These I hear are packed smarter, but still pretty big. And heavy. But I will figure it out. I changed a water heater, made it fit into a Honda, took it to recycling. By myself. I can do it! 😂