Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Jeter
There is no point in talking to the man about things like that. Imo he has biases that cause him to build seriously comprised systems. Not much point in debate with someone like that. I had stopped communicating with him because he is horribly defensive. :(
douglas_schroeder,
I can appreciate your perspective and understand where you and millercarbon simply have different ideas and approaches to building an audio system. Perhaps there’s little middle ground between the two of you. It seems to me the true arbiter is a system’s sound quantity. If you heard his audio system and you conclude that it sounds very good, would you concede that alternative approaches (that differ from yours) of system assembly can be quite successful? I’m a believer in hearing something before one can render a judgement/impression. Does it matter ’how’  you get there as long as you ultimately achieve good sound?
Charles
@charles1dad  With over 4,400 posts in 18 months I think that millercarbon easily can speak for himself.  I haven't heard his Melody, so I really have no idea how it sounds, I was just picking a little fun because of all the links to his systems page.

Besides he's a big boy and once he gets his Raven he just may agree with me, or not.  Even the lowest price unit in their line, the Nighthawk, seems like a screaming good integrated, but this is just from watching (listening to) you tube videos.  There is also another video out there with a blue pair of the Moabs paired with VAC gear and with the beautiful song played on the video the quality shines through even on my computer set-up.
Post removed 
Hi jetter,
I certainly agree that MC can speak for himself.  My comment was directed toward Douglas. He made the assertion that MC's system building approach is  "seriously compromised". I'm just curious how that assessment was reached without ever listening to MC's  system. That's all.
Charles