Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
In order not to ruin OPs thread, I'll simply say my typical, "I'm not interested in debating my observations. "

Post removed 
I've just sat again with my Moabs, with woofers ranging a neat 7'10" from my left and right ears, and the drum work on a variety of my jazz pieces arrives, in a word, "whole," with no evidence of bass note separation in the woofers of each channel. The top woofers are about 2" further away. Very much alive sounding.

I did spend many hours cumulative over the first five weeks moving the speakers around, dialing in the bass. They now sit 40" out from the back wall, and about 2' from each side wall, in a 14.5' by 12' room. Standing the spiked speakers on two Ikea bought bamboo cutting boards brought considerable shape to the bass octaves, and the bass feature was a serious concern of mine given the modest size of the room. Did not like moving the 135lbs/each around the room and I could have made it easier with a little more planning. I sort-of wrestled the right one up on the cutting board and was fortunate not to make a mistake.

The point is that the effort/expense/choice has resulted in sound quality that leave me saying to impending owners that I don't want to say (much of) anything to influence initial impressions for anyone else...

In sum: I'm having more than a small amount of "good times" almost every evening...