Technics turntable inquiry about SL 1200 MK ll for DJ or home use?

I own a Technics SL 1600 MK l.
Also a SL Q 202..... are these turntable for home use ?

rocky1313
They made 1200 GAE versions. I guess there’s a few people trying to resell them for a huge profit. Sorta like the discontinued OPPO UDP-205 4K player.
chakster, was your quoted $9K for a GAE something you saw on the used market?  Do you know if it sold for that?

The GAE was one of Technics initial offerings when they resumed TT production with significantly upgraded models.  Only a limited number were made and those quickly sold out.  So new GAEs have not been available for some time.

rocky, there has been great confusion about DJ tables simply because versions of the SL1200 were adopted for that use.  In fact I believe that demand was what kept them in production for so long.  But as others stated here, it was designed for home use.  DJ'ing was not even common when it was developed.
Anybody that pays $9000.00 for the GAE version is getting robbed. It’s Basically the same thing as the G version in performance, but slightly more fancy limited edition. I owned the GAE version when it cost less than $5000.00. Resold it because it wasn’t any better than what I already owned. Very nice turntable, but unless you think by collecting it to resale for even higher price, which isn’t guaranteed, the G version is the one to buy.
@sleepwalker65

If you are a rap-“DJ”, you don’t even need a real turntable.

I think you need a brain if you post stuff like that everywere on audiogon in Technics relater thread, please stop this nonsense! 

... these ham-handed orangutans destroy millions of SL-1200mk2 turntables every year.

...well that it survives even being abused by sub-human rap...-“DJ”s.

... most SL-1200mk2 turntables have been destroyed by rap...“DJ”s.

My first SL-1700mk2 was a rescue case, nearly destroyed by a rap-“DJ”. He took the feet off of it and lost them.

The Technics SL-1200mk2 is a risky proposition. Most of them have been thrashed by rap-“DJ”s and will need all moving parts replaced.

@rocky1313 Technics SL1200 mkII was invented for home use as a Hi-Fi component, this turntable was adopted by DJs because of the +/- 8% pitch control fader and powerful Direct Drive motor, but you can still use them for home listening, you can upgrade them as i did with mine, look here.

A brand new Ultra High-End Technics SL-1200GAE has the same proportions as the iconic SL1200mkII, but internally it’s completely different beast. There is a pitch control like on earlier models, so what is the question? "For DJ or home use ?" What’s the difference? They are a Hi-Fi (SL1200 mkII) and High-End (SL1200G and GAE) that can be used for DJing and for home listening. They are universal, the difference in pirce is huge, the SL-1200G ($4000) and limited edition GAE ($9000) are so much better than cheap old SL1200 mkII ($300-500 used).

It's @sleepwalkers65 favorite subject.

He always refer to " rap- "DJ" " because they are from the black community and plays something he can't understand or doesn't like. 

Everyone should looks at his posts about DJs in the different threads on audiogon before they are all were deleted by the moderator, he even called them "sub human rap- DJs" just because he's too old for their own African-American Subculture.  

"If he wants to be a rap-“DJ”, then he doesn’t need a turntable, but need a serato box and a rap controller or two."  

"My first SL-1700mk2 was a rescue case, nearly destroyed by a rap-“DJ”. He took the feet off of it and lost them."

"The Technics SL-1200mk2 is a risky proposition. Most of them have been thrashed by rap-“DJ”s and will need all moving parts replaced." 

"I make a distinction between real deejays, by using the term “deejay” and rap-“dj”s that are often referred to as “djs”. Part of the sub-culture of rap-“dj”s is about modifying the original sound, and while they use SL-1200mk2 turntables most often, they aren’t being used to transcribe anything but time code discs to drive serato-based systems to play out highly compressed semi-original content. It’s as far apart from music as you can get. And in the process, these ham-handed orangutans destroy millions of SL-1200mk2 turntables every year." 

"...well that it survives even being abused by sub-human rap...-“DJ”s. "

" ... most SL-1200mk2 turntables have been destroyed by rap...“DJ”s. "

Isn't his post are disgusting? I think so.

The reason is just total misunderstanding of the subject, in his opinion all Hip-Hop DJs are the same, he is the one who knows better what they need (vinyl and turntables or controllers). For some reason his negative related to RAP which is a certain genre of black music as a part of the african-american culture that was born in the late 70s (way before CD was invented, it's all about vinyl when it comes to music media for DJs). 

Controller is one of the modern tool available for youth, but vinyl is still HUGE on the DJ scene worldwide.  No matter which genre of music, i will repead it again for you: DJs are record collectors first! 

For everyone who are using CLICHE to describe or underrated DJ culture (of all genres) i would recommend to read this book first

If you are a rap-“DJ”, you don’t even need a real turntable. They only use a time code record to control serato. 

The turntables you own are for listening to music.