Technics SU-R1000

I suspect this equipment is too new and I’m on the bleeding edge, but . . . 

I want to cable my equalizer between the preamp and amp sections.  With every receiver I’ve seen, this would be accomplished by taking out some kind of connecting piece between the amp and preamp sections and simply cabling the equalizer in.  This unit is different, though–There’s no connecting piece to remove although there are a preamp output and an amp input. (I guess that the one side communicates with the other by magic.  Who knows?)

Here’s the problem.  There are copious and dire warnings in the manual not to cable the preamp output to the amp input and I’m not sure if this also means I can’t use the equalizer there.  I don’t want to experiment for fear that I’ll have a weighty and expensive paperweight.

The manual is mute about equalizers and I’ve emailed Technics to no avail.  Any wisdom would be appreciated.

mohaveblues

Don’t forget to employ the LAPC feature, optimizing the Technics output with your speakers impedance characteristics. The difference may be enough to negate the use of an equalizer.

All the best,
Nonoiose

Hauled a unit back from Japan yesterday.

most if not all dealers don’t have them in stock but can drop ship from Panasonic 

Exchange rate too favorable to pass. Less than 6k USD brand spanking new

hooked it up, calibrated LAPC and it’s been playing for hours using Volumio as source out of YG Hailey 1.2s.

all I can say is I’m done with audio for a while.

You cannot loop the pre out to an EQ and connected it to an input because the pre out of the R1000 is always connected to the output stage and there is NFB involved. That kind of slightly out of phase duplicate signal will indeed cause a loop and may end up with major oscillation.

@johnsonwu , Congrats on your acquisition! $4K off is much too good to pass on. And, just like you, even with my SU-G700M2, I'm done for a long while. 👍

All the best,
Nonoise

@johnsonwu Hey johnsonwu, how do you handle the 100voltage equipments in japan? Are you using a step down transformer to use here in US? I am considering import one from Japan (the price is damn good...), but I am worried about the voltage input