Technics SU-R1000 a new Class-D GaN Technology integrated

Maybe one to look out for.

There’s a new approx $10K integrated Class-D from Technics called the SU-R1000 Integrated Amplifier around 22 kg, 150w-8ohm and 300w-4ohms, would have been nice to see what it could do into 2ohms
Said to have many of the GaN Class-D features of the far bigger SE-R1. But nowhere yet can I find if it uses the 1.5mhZ switching frequency that "makes" the SE-R1 what it is.

Also it uses smp power supplies, even though it’s 22kg, Unlike the SE-R1 at some 60Kg because of it linear supplies.
No reviews or measurement tests as yet for this one from Technics

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi

Showing 2 responses by jwcondo

Greetings from Medicine Hat Alberta Canada,
It does indeed use the 1.5 mhZ switching frequency. I am a dealer and I should be receiving the first one in Canada next week as they have landed on our shores.
Excited to experiment with all this new technology.
Happy Listening....John

soundlovers.ca 
Hi George, 
I searched and can't find that source, it was a late night. But I did just receive more pre-arrival information from Technics. Now this is on the Jeno engine Low Jitter section so not sure if it what you are looking for, my rep says he will contact the factory for me if not.  From Technics...

JENO stands for Jitter Elimination and Noise Shaping Optimization Digital signals of various music sources come in with various sampling frequencies such as 36KHz/44.1KHz/48KHz/96KHz/192KHz. Therefore, before processing, these signals have to be upsampled to a sampling frequency that is the least common multiple of the input/output sampling frequency, and then decimated at the output sampling rate again. Since this oversampling signal processing accuracy determines the performance and sound quality of the entire amplifier, it is necessary to ensure maximum accuracy. The digital audio signal input signal is first input to the “Low Jitter Sample Rate Converter”, and the sampling frequency of the sound source input at various sampling frequencies is converted to a single PWM drive frequency (768KHz). In order to perform PWM drive with high accuracy, the signal must have no time fluctuation. Therefore, a PWM signal is generated from a highly accurate clock signal obtained by the crystal oscillator. On the other hand, the input signal contains jitter due to the influence of the transfer path, etc., and is asynchronous with the output. In order to synchronize the input signal clock with the internal processing clock of the amplifier, a highly precise Sample Rate Converter is required to have the function of converting the sampling frequency(“over”-sampling) while removing the input jitter.

Cheers, John