Technics SP10-Mk2 Rega RB300 Combine

Presently Rega P3 is in my system. A friend suggest me to consider mounting the RB300 arm onto the Technics SP10-MkII tabel which are salvaged from local broadcasting station by some dealer and reconditioned for re-sale. I could not find any documentation on this Technics model. Present and past user friends please advise me if this combination works better than the Rega P£
morning_owl

Showing 2 responses by psychicanimal

I would send the turntable to a Technics service center. That turntable has a lot of hours. Maybe the transformer needs replacement. The Rega is an excellent tonearm. Just make sure you isolate the turntable with a good, creative home built base...no need to spend $700 on a decorated platform. I just bought a Tecnics SL-1200MK2 a couple of weeks ago and am having it rewired and modified. They are excellent decks. Will last a lifetime...they are a record collector's dream.
As I said before, take it to a TECHNICS SERVICE CENTER (not an 'authorized' service center). Let them check it out for you. In my case, I got a brand new SL-1200MK2 for $450, plus the Sumiko HSMMT headshell($30), the Cardas tonearm wire ($16), JA Michell Clamp($50), Phoenix Gold interconnects(~$35), and the fluid damper will be $149. An excellent home made isolation platform will be less than $50. A Dynavector, Sumiko, Grado, Audio Technica or Shure would be a good match depending your preferences. You can use Grados on these turntables without fear of hum, if that's your preference.

Remember the Rega's internal wiring is its weakness...