Technics SL1200 Footer thread size?

I've done a search of the threads, but I can't find the answer.

Does anyone know the thread size of the Technics SL1200 footers?

Thanks in advance.
128x128tvad

Showing 12 responses by tvad

The reason I asked about M6 vs. 6mm is that sometimes the distance between threads is different even though the diameter of a bolt is 6mm.
Not sure if I'm going to replace the Technics' feet, but I was considering brass footers from Starsound Technologies (Audiopoints), or the Isonoe feet.

I recently installed a sandbox under the Technics (designed by Thom Mackris of Galibier Design, and built by Timbernation), that has made an improvement over the Neuance platform I was using previously. The image is larger and clearer, and my perception is that the volume level is higher at the same setting on my preamp. That's probably not true though.

Anyway, the rig sounds great as it is, and I have no huge desire to change the feet, but I was curious about what adding brass feet might do.
I have no interest in Parts Express, Dayton or Adona cones...especially those with the adjustable tips at the end of the cones. These brass footers do not drain vibration as effectively as solid AudioPoints or Mapleshade footers. I've owned the Adona cones, and they're flimsy.

Are the Isonoe footers available with a home trial? I was under the impression the KAB stuff is basically "you-buy-it-you-own-it".
I have no idea how the sandbox would compare to the cutting board, but at $220 including shipping, plus a bag of play sand from Home Depot, the sandbox is a good value in the world of audio. It would not seem to be out of reach for you Johnnyb53, but that's not for me to determine.
How are you leveling the turntable using only the raquet balls underneath?
I did sell the AT150Mlx.

I bought another about three months ago, but I have not mounted it. My Dynavector XX MK II sounds too good.

I installed a sandbox designed by Thom Mackris of Galibier Designs under my SL1200, and that has made a significant improvement. I have no plans to tweak the table further.

The adjustment range of the Technics footers is about 1/4" from what I recall.
Yeah, Armstrod's right. I'd say I had a hair over 1/4" total. More like 9/32".
Bondamp, various thicknesses and durometers (softness) of sorbothane sheets can be purchased at resaonable prices from Mcmaster.com.

I used a few stacked pieces of 1/8" sorbothane to level my turntable when the adjustment of the footers was not sufficient. I recommend 50 durometer or harder. Anything softer will deform if too many layers are stacked.

Mcmaster.com calls the material soft polyurethane rather than sorbothane, but a search for sorbothane will return the correct catalog page.