Technics SL-1210GAE Anniversary delivery .

In July the 7th I ordered the new Technics SL-1210 AEG anniversary edition from an authorized dealer . ( and paid for it )They said I could have it at the end of July, later they moved the date for mid August , and again the delivery was moved to the end of August.  Today, I got  a message saying :  “We just received notification that Technics pushed the delivery of the SL-1210GAE turntable to the end of September.”Does anyone know if that is accurate?  any useful information?
vinylnostalgic

Showing 14 responses by luisma31

That sounds correct, it all depends on the dealer you purchased from, ordered and paid June 4th,still waiting and likely will receive it in November. Technics delayed some of the deliveries, they were behind not the dealers
Whenever I get some news I will post back, believe me I am concerned too the dealer might not received the TT and I will end up with no TT at all and miss the chance.
Got an update yesterday September 16th that Technics is still delayed, I just hope the dealer is accurate and not providing fake news. Don't want to miss the train on this one. If any of you have any updates please post
If you ever visit Tokyo, you’ll observe the huge contrast between their audio marketplace and ours.
I would like that to be my next stop in my travels, our friend Chakster with all his passion for Japanese vintage have gotten me into researching what they made, they truly make remarkable things, I like knives (and this conversation is not weird at all lol) and real japanese knives are masterpieces, just like audio stuff and such.

Hi Lew, my experience would be somewhat limited as it is not that diverse but the issues I had in the past.1. USPS, shipped back some speaker cables to the manufacturer for refund, $540 speaker cables, USPS priority. Package from Miami to Denver was lost in Denver, reason they provided is they were trying to redeliver, opened a case with USPS (online of course as you cannot do anything at their offices), they sent me a weekly notification they were trying to redeliver, I kept contacting them trying to collect something, I think $50 is the most they pay, they said until the redeliver was complete they could not pay the funds ($50), after 6 months they stopped sending notifications and I stopped trying to collect.2. USPS, got a Billy Joel 1st pressing, The piano man. The carrier thought bending the media mail hard carboard could fit the package into my community mailbox, even though all records I purchased usually are left by my door because they WONT FIT THE MAILBOX, new sealed NOS 1972 piano man vinyl when I was able to pull it out from the mailbox and I opened the record and noticed the damage, 2 tears came out of my eyes, I admit it. went to USPS office, with the pandemic every claim has to be filed online, go online, filing the claim says it is not insured hence they are not responsible, no vinyl no money. Went back to the office, asked for a supervisor, she said she could not help me (with an attitude and I am a nice guy) and my only chance was online, oh she asked for my address to speak with the carrier for future deliveries. 3. USPS, Purchased some tubes from Russia, 6S33S-V, April 15th or so 2020, September 15th or so tubes were delivered 5 months later, they left Pulkovo in April early May and were lost in transit for 4 months no notifications or anything. Now I know the Russia packages could be an exception. Our friend Chak sent me a cart around that date and took 4 month to arrive (or 3.5 and a half I lost count)
4. FEDEX, seller shipped some speakers to me, Fedex packed the speakers, speakers were received with some subs, subs were damaged in the corners, so one speaker, not by much, provided photos, one week later Fedex paid full amount for the speakers $4500 and allowed the seller (and myself) to keep the speakers.5. FEDEX, Purchased an HS-4 headshell in Japan, 3 days later I received it.
Again my experience could be limited and biased I know, I'm not saying USPS is the worst, YMMV, IME, in my book, no way Jose.Perhaps since I was born and raised in a communist country were the "state" is everywhere and there was no private enterprise I am biased towards despising such systems which are subsidized by the government, yes it could perfectly be.

I ship with Fedex and I pay with Amex, Amex gives me a discount, I ship always insured because of my bad previous experiences, if something happens I'm positive Fedex will respond, if they get cheeky and they don't want to pay a claim then I bring the 800 pound gorilla which is Amex to the fight and let them solve it.
Sorry Lew for the long explanation I respect everyone's opinion here, if you have good results with USPS by all means support them.

Hey Chak, Lew is correct, I get packages from Japan either DHL or FedEx within 3 to 4 days, faster than from the West coast. Japan post yes it will take forever or won't ship to the US. The delayed from Technics in producing these units is really puzzling.
Luis, see my hypothesis above.
Yeah I get it Lew, the delay most likely due to filling demand at Asian markets first.
All I was saying is that it amazes me how fast (even with covid) delivery is from Japan to the US

Everything I have purchased from Russia have been delivered by USPS but with very high delays, apparently the delay happens in the US due to customs, Lew, at some point I used to be a big supporter and believed on the idea of supporting the Federal Mail System above private carriers, they screwed up so many times with my stuff and they avoid any liability hence I don't use USPS except when sending my taxes to the Treasury.Chak, Fedex and DHL from Japan on the specific things I have purchased (headshells and such) have been covered by the sellers as "free shipping", I purchased recently the Live in Japan (Deep Purple) and took less than a week from Japan to arrive via Fedex, $23 I paid for shipping, it is kind of high yes but considering it is international well I guess I have no choice.
Not sure why the Japs do this but the US always takes the back of the bus.
As a matter of fact in the US a few distributors got the first few orders of this specific turntable first than in other countries, as early as end of June, the UK for example they are experiencing more delays than in the US, now I don't know about the rest of Europe and Asia which seems to be prioritized, maybe the US and the UK are in the back of the bus like you are saying 
I have seen some reviews but nothing formal or verifiable, at the moment I just purchased a Luxman PD-444 which will do (surely awesome) while I wait
Finally, TT arrived yesterday, I haven't set it up yet, I swore to myself I'm setting up the Luxman 1st.