Technics or Thorens, need suggestions

I've been looking to get into Analog for quite some time now. So long that I've been collecting Vinyl with a dream of finally getting a nice TT.  Analog is an uncharted territory for me. I've been researching on my free time and have come up with a couple possibilities. 

Thorens TD 1600 
Technics 1200G

Budget is around 3-5k without a cartridge . I have Mcintosh C2600 which I intend to use for phono. 

I like the aesthetics of Thorens much more than Technics. 

My research showed that Technics is a superb TT for the price. How do these two compare? 

my systems: Mcintosh MC452/C2600/Sonus Faber Elipsa
                     mastersound 845 integrated/ diapason adamantes 3
ei001h
Get both . If you can get thorens td160 super . The sound is more dynamic . Get technics SL 1200 mark 4 which you can use your own interconnect .i have both , both are equally good depending on your amp and speakers . 
The only thing you can say about the Technics is that they are well made and slick looking and pretty cheap which is why people fall for them.
Americans love cheap well made garbage.

$4000 is cheap for you ? SL1200G cost $4k and it’s very expensive turntable, still not overpriced like almost everything in high-end world today, especially thos belt drive you’re using. Technics tonearms always were super high quality like EPA-100 series with ruby-ball bearings, VdH has been using them as his reference. The EPA-100 mk2 is the rarest and this arm alone cost over $3k.

You Technics experience base on $1200 SP-10 mkII drive and nothing else, i assume you know nothing about Technics. First make sure your used gear is in mint condition and works like new before you will post comments based on your memories from errr 70s/80s/90s ???

I have tried many different models of Technics turntables, tonearms and cartridges in the last 5-7 years. I have some of them right here along with many top quality turntables, right now.

I want to remind to anyone that NEUMANN cutting lathe comes with Technics Direct Drive motor SP-02. This is the motor under the platter when cutter stylus cut the lacquer disc for each record in vinyl manufacturing process. Look at the catalog posted by jpjones

If anyone made the best Direct Drive motor then Technics direct drive is one of the best ever. 

Get the Technics. At that quoted price it's a steal. Even at the suggested retail price it's still a better 'table than the Thorens.

I presently own a Thorens TD-160, a VPI Traveler, a Garrard 301, and have owned a Technics SL-1200 for about twenty five years. If Technics had released these new 1200's earlier I might not have gone for the refurbed 301 that I bought but that's water under the bridge and I like the 301 so much that I can't contemplate replacing it. However, I'm strongly considering selling both the TD-160 and the VPI and replacing them with one of the new Technics SL-1500's.

Again, go for the SL-1200G. You'll be very glad that you did!
I made my choice in the mid-late 80s that belt drive was more to my taste.  I had a Technics SP-12 in their rubber plinth with Audio Technica's best arm and Signet TK-9Ea ML after having been used to an LP12 with KMAL arm, and I was very disappointed.  I then got into SOTA Sapphires, for a time and finally hit the end of the line with a Well Tempered Turntable and Arm.  On your budget, look at the Amadeus, GTA, or if a wood-look plinth is a must, the Versalex.  That said, the Thorens looks like a solid option in a less revolutionary, and undeniably handsome 'table.
The resale value of the Technics is doubtless true, and I imagine the Thorens will be much the same...but what better value is there than buying the last table you'll likely ever want...the first time?
Go for the Technics SL1200G. I sold mine a few months ago to upgrade for the SL-1000R. For $2500 the 1200G is an excellent deal, and you can be almost sure that you’ll never find another one at that price ever again.