Technics or Thorens, need suggestions

I've been looking to get into Analog for quite some time now. So long that I've been collecting Vinyl with a dream of finally getting a nice TT.  Analog is an uncharted territory for me. I've been researching on my free time and have come up with a couple possibilities. 

Thorens TD 1600 
Technics 1200G

Budget is around 3-5k without a cartridge . I have Mcintosh C2600 which I intend to use for phono. 

I like the aesthetics of Thorens much more than Technics. 

My research showed that Technics is a superb TT for the price. How do these two compare? 

my systems: Mcintosh MC452/C2600/Sonus Faber Elipsa
                     mastersound 845 integrated/ diapason adamantes 3
ei001h
I've heard and seen the Technics 1200G and yes it looks and feels much better in real life. I haven't heard anything else and likely won't be able to. I'm in a position to get a new G for 2,5k, it's an open box about 1 month old. 
Alternatively, I can get a Luxman PD-171A for around 5k, or PD-151 for 3,2k both almost brand new. 

How does Luxman G compare to the Technic models ? 

To be candid, I am not crazy about the looks of Luxman either. I'd Love to have a wood frame but will not sacrifice quality. 
@ei001h,

I think either table would work fine for you but think you are worried about the wrong component. Think you would be better off finding an outboard phono stage to use with either table. Nothing against the MAC, well made stuff, but many of the newer stand alone phono stages handily outperform built in units in preamps.
I nominate the Thorens as I have an entry Thorens belt drive turntable w/ Ortofon 2m Blue and it’s quite nice. The suspension and better arm on the TD1600 is a big plus for sure and with a Ortofon 2m Black it would make a nice set up with your Mac, plus look really good too.
Hi,
i fancy tts with suspension i prefer them over mass alone.
1200G is an improved design to its predecessor with much less motor cogging and a better constructed arm but still inferior to the one that Thorens supply.
Both are excellent tts, more solidity and speed with Technics more balance and air with Thorens.
TD6001 is even fancier with the electronic arm lifter.
You have to listen at both yourself, don't buy something only from suggestions or interviews.

Noromance, I have nothing against Technics. I think they make a great cartridge for the money. I dislike all direct drive turntables because every last one I have ever heard on a system I deemed to be excellent sounded less than stellar and that includes older SP 10s. (Have not heard the newest version so I can't comment on it.) 
There are so many excellent belt drives out there with wow and flutter specs down around 0.03%. The SP 10 is 0.015%. If you think you can hear the difference then you need to take Michael Fremer's place on the staff of Stereophile.