Technics EPA 100P - Tonearm

Hey all!
I found this forum and think you can help with advice - I came across a tonearm at the flea market which I understand is the better type.
Since I am not at all in need of such a tone arm, I would be grateful if anyone can advise on its history & perhaps a value before a sale? It is in mint condition and comes from a warehouse to a radio station.

Thank you in advance
Mike
audio60

Showing 3 responses by chakster

I never had any problems with Zyx Airy and later Zyx Premium 4D (with silver base) mounted on my EPA-100 few years ago, replacing stock technics headshell to Zyx Live 18 was an improvement.

I had a short conversation with Micke (the owner of this super rare EPA-100P) and i’ve noticed that professional version of EPA-100 does not come with armlift or even armrest!

Also there is no such thing as dynamic damping inside the counterweight. The finnishing is plain black which is not so attractive as the stock EPA-100. Material is the same titanium nitride (not boron like on mk2 version).

Seems like this is very rare "P" version (indeed) but does it make it better than stock EPA-100 in good condition? I don’t think so.

P.S. I’m looking forward to mount ACOS Lustre GST-801 for MM cartridges. Swapping carts on Reed 3p is not that easy, so i want to get back to detachable headshell options.

@nandric 

Your ZYX  is 5 g. As such a kind of an exception among the MC carts.

So there is no contradiction because your ZYX does not satisfy

the mentioned  condition of 9 g .

correstion:
Zyx Premium 4D (with Silver Base 2) total weight is 7.9 gm.
Zyx Live 18 shell is 12 gm (heavies than technics stock shell).
the combination works perfectly on EPA-100