I have question regarding output voltage of my Vincent Hybrid SA-T1 Pre Amp. Is that the right term?
I'm wondering if my SA-T1 has enough or adequate juice to be matched up with my Butler TDB 2250 Hybrid Power amp?
I don't know much about these these things, so I am hoping one of you knowledable guys/gals can answer my question and share a little insight on this.
From a technical standpoint, would these two pieces match up correctly?
I've been using my BAT VK-3i Pre Amp with the Butler TDB 2250 and it has worked very well. But I simply want to experiment and see how the Vincent SA-T1 Pre Amp matches up and if there are any differences or improvements.
Here are the listed specs for both pieces of gear:
Vincent Hybrid SA-T1 Pre Amp
Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz +/-0,5 dB
Nominal output voltage: 2 V
Input sensitivity: 280 mV
Total harmonic distortion: < 0,1 % (1 kHz, 1 Watt)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB
Input Impedance: 47 kOhm
Mains supply: 230 V/50 Hz
Inputs: 6 x RCA
Outputs: 2 x RCA, 1 x RCA Rec Out
Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 95 x 390 mm
Weight: 8 kg
Tubes: 2 x 12AX7; 1 x 12AU7
Butler TDB 2250 Hybrid Power Amp
• Rated Power (all channels driven):
2 x 250 Watts RMS per channel @ 8 ohms
2 x 400 Watts RMS per channel @ 4 ohms
1 x 800 Watts RMS Bridged (Mono) @ 8 ohms
• Freq response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
Power Bandwidth: -3dB, 50kHz
• THD: <0.10% @ 8 Ohms, <0.15% @ 4 Ohms
• S/N Ratio: Better than 120dB (A-Wtd)
• Slew Rate: 15v/µsec
• Input Sensitivity: 2V for 250 Watts into 8 Ohms
• Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
• Idling Consumption: Approx. 40 Watts
(Approx. 0.3A @ 120VAC or 0.15A @ 230VAC)
• AC Consumption (Nominal power):
720 Watts @ 8 Ohms - 6A (120VAC), 3A (230VAC)
1200 Watts @ 4 Ohms - 10A (120VAC), 5A (230VAC)
• Dimensions: 17"W x 16"D x 8.5"H w/feet (7"H w/o feet)
• Weight: 43 Lbs. (19.2Kgs.)