TEAC NT-505 impossible connecting to WiFi router o such LAN: help me please?

Hello mates,
I got my NT-505 3 days ago.
It seems to be working correctly but in my opinion all software in not the same level than the device: too aged & often no relevant documentation or support about.
However my big trouble is the NETWORK interface:  since first time I switched on, the NT-505 remains "for ever"  into NET configuring blinking state until it goes in power stand by.
Summarizing:

1. RJ45 cable is ok - tested in several manners
2. the wifi router (1Gb fiber connection) is ok
3. the wifi router ether ports (4) are ok - I checked a bridged LAN configuration too

Testing the NT-505 Ether port It results:

1. the physical level of protocol seems working correctly just on-way: the interface recognizes correctly the bandwidth (Fast ot Giga in my case) end the packet coming from the router are buffered. No packet sent  to the router.

2. At protocol level no ARP session are involved hence impossible retrieve MAC address and trying to do something.

VERY STUPID ISSUES:

1. Being NET board logically split from MAIN board It's need a separate firmware(!!!): how can I upload the NET firmware if, as stated into documentation, I must use the mobile app and It's impossible connecting the device to such LAN?

2. NO menu interface to configure manually the net parameters.

May someone help me (tricks..., recovery sw,..., low level maintance menu...,...) 

Thank you a lot.

silvio66

Showing 6 responses by djones51

Did you buy this unit new? Have you reset to factory default and started over?
Might check if your  router is set to hand out IP addresses by DHCP. Looks like the Teac is trying to get an address and is timing out. Other than that you could try Teac support it could be a bad chip.
It's only going to give a MAC address once it has an IP address. ARP needs the IP address to work. If the Teac doesn't have an IP address handed out by DHCP it's not going to respond to ARP. For some reason it's not getting an IP address try putting the Teac in the same room with the router and connect with a short cable then turn on the Teac if it doesn't  get an IP address there could be a setting wrong go through the menu check that everything is correct. You should be able to go through your input sources   to NET see if it's enabled. 
The Teac will only do 100meg have you tried a cheap switch that only does 10/100 between your router and 505 ?