Tascam DA-3000

HI to everyone.
I have 1500 albums that I would like to transfer on to MD
Recorder but I was adviced by one of fellow Audiogoner that the best option would be Tascam DA-3000.
I searched a little bit and it sounds like a good idea but there is a problem. Every 2GB of data the files would be cut
so I would need the software to fix that. Maybe I didn't
understand what he was trying to explain since I never used
that kind of recorders.
I would appreciate opinions.
topten
Jeff, thanks, but no, I don't have plans to go to CES or any of the other major shows (e.g., RMAF) in the foreseeable future. In part because I'm on the east coast.

Best regards,
-- Al
Al:

You do have a point, assuming that potential RF entering the Benchmark is somehow filtered differently so that it never gets into the digital bit stream.

I did notice my 60 Hz hum levels were lower when using the Benchmark. Same gain setting on the Spectral, same interconnects. I attribute this to a better common mode rejection in the Benchmark balanced input amplifiers, which may have an impact on your point above.
dhl93449 - I use the Tascam DA-3000, and am quite pleased with my recordings from vinyl (if I do them in double DSD). I see your point, modifying the A-D part of the conversion. What happened, in your case?
I did buy the Benchmark A/D converter and have the Tascam connected as a slave. Yes the sound is better to me using the Benchmark. I am using 24/176 as the benchmark does not do DSD.
To my ears (using the Tascam only) 2xDSD (5.6MHz) recordings get me closest to the original vinyl. No doubt about it. So the best result could be to use a DSD-capable A/D converter, or have the A/D in the Tascam modified. It reminds me of the S/N mod to my Revox A77 that really lifted the quality, back in the 80ies.The Tascam is OK as it is, but when I am considering recording some hundred vinyl albums, I do want everything to optimal, since it is a lot of work, and should be (ahem) future-proof.
The KORG’s MR-2000SBK SSD has a frequency response starting at 10hz vs 20hz from the Tascam. My idea was the Korg with a Mutec REF10 SE120 Reference Master Clock. Unfortunately it seems like they don’t sell the Korg in Europe. 

Is there even better DSD recording hardware available out there?