Tascam DA-3000 PCM 24/192 & DSD Recorder ?

Tascam DA 3000 24/192 Recorder.

I have ordered a Tascam DA-3000. This recorder copies to PCM (up to 24/192) and DSD to Compact Flash and SD cards.
It also has a USB but it is mainly for playback but the description also says it can copy from the flash cards.

I will be taking the analog signal(that we listen to)from my SACD/DVD-A/Blu Ray player and record that onto a SD card in 24/192.
Then I will copy that into my external hard drive for playback through the Bryston BDP-2.

But, I'm not sure this will all work as I want it.

I have several hundred SACD, DVD-A,and Blu Rays,do you think the end result will be similar to the HD Downloads?
Tascam dealers are useless with this question.

Anyone with any experience with this recorder would be extremely helpful.
128x128ozzy

Showing 5 responses by ozzy

Zd542, Thanks for your comments.
Still not sure...
I am only taking the SACD analog signal that would have gone to Amp and speakers and making that same audio signal into a HIREZ digital copy.
I don't see where I am converting too much.

I'll check out "computeraudiophile" but to be honest, I'm not much of a computer wiz.
Onhwy61, Dtc, Thank you for your help and comments.

What I am planning on doing is to play the SACD/DVD-A/Blu Ray on my players song by song pressing the record button when the next song starts to add the track seperations manually. These songs will be recorded by using the analog outputs from the players. Then, I will take that now recorded digitally 24/192 CF or SD card out and transfer that digital copy to my external hardrive.
With my computer I will type in the Album name and songs.

I know, I know, it will be a long process and I may eventually look into doing something more techno to abbreviate the process.

But, as I stated earlier, I'm not very computer savy.
Looks like the Tascam DA-3000 recorder will be received tomorrow.

I plan on starting with the Doors Perception DVD-As. I might have to wait until the weekend to get the recording process just right.
Heck, I'll even use the ultra bit solution and use my Bedini clarifier on the DVD-as before they go into the player.
So far I have recorded from 3 DVD-A's in 24/192. The results are outstanding! Brings back the days of recording to reel to reel.

Question:
When should I record with 24/192 or 24/96hz?
Zd542,Dtc,
Thanks for the help. So far I have made 9 recordings from DVD-A's and I am really enjoying the results.

I think, as I monitor the outputs from the Tascam I could try 24/96 and compare that to 24/192.