Tang Band 2145 in action

Ck out the sunning , sparkling highs.
WOWWW
Hardly need to add a  tweeter. = can if you wish. just add any of your fav tweets, +  with a  simple 2.2 or 3.3 cap.

As I said previously, both the TB2145 ad DLVX8 both are very close in performance.
can't go wrong with either.

Truly a   magical sound image.
Jazz fans especially take note of this speaker.
You always wanted life like sound stage, with no added baggage???
'Well  the TB2145 has your order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaXHrwotKU&t=1s

mozartfan
Altec;'s are dateed.
You guys need to dump the old techs and get into the new high techs.
'hats off to Altec for what they brought you.
But we must move on to high fidelity.
This is not 1990, we are  2 decades into the 21st C.
Folks are free to stay with old low sens box types, if they wish,
I 'm with the chinese , audiophiles that dumped the low sens for the new highs ens wide bands.
In this case I think the chinese audiophile is either a  bit more honest, or a bit more smarter.
I think its both. 
vs the USA audiopFool

@mozartfan you might want to look into the Tangband 1772. Its a bit easier to drive.

PHY, Voxitiv and Cube make drivers that are more efficient and sound better. Some are suitable for Open Back operation, allowing for fairly simple execution of a speaker. Some are also suitable for back-loaded horn applications; this will get you the deepest bass available for a given driver.

With any 'full range' driver you'll want to supplement with a tweeter, possibly rear- firing to help deal with the very beamy highs that all 'full range' drivers have. This will require having the speakers a few feet from the wall behind them. This helps if you are a little off-axis, the tonal balanced won't be lacking the extreme highs.
The Chinese Lil Audio drivers have gotten a lot of positive reviews.  The 15 inch is very efficient and has a very light cone so it's quite fast.  
This is not 1990, we are 2 decades into the 21st C.
Exactly right. Why are you moving to 100 year old technology? It sounded like crap then, and from what I can tell from your latest video, it still sounds like crap. Are you related to Dr. Emmett Brown and do you own a DeLorean? Let's go back to the future!

I have heard multiple, appropriately implemented wide band speakers over the years. I have had the same reaction every time....Meh. Allow me to clue you in. Yours are not properly implemented. That has been pointed out in this thread and others you have started and you choose to ignore it. Just like you choose to not fix your room first.

The future in speakers has been the subject of several threads here in the last couple of years. IMO, fully active DSP controlled speakers are the future. Note the IMO. Also note, I do not come here and try repeatedly to force my opinion down anyone else's throat while insisting that they are wrong. I understand why people are reluctant to go there. That doesn't change my opinion that it is the future.

In the type of fully active I am talking about, all of the crossover is done digitally. Out of band driver behavior is dealt with digitally. The only thing between the amplifier and driver is wire. Choose the amplifier you wish for each driver. Perfect time and phase coherence. Excellent dynamics. Smooth frequency response, with the ability to tailor it to your own taste if you desire. High quality room correction. No more crossover mods. No more cable rolling. Certainly none of your concept of lets just throw another driver in there and see what happens, then proclaiming victory. Talk about Audiofoolery. It would be difficult to be more foolish than what you are doing. 
+1 csmgolf

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In this case I think the chinese audiophile is either a bit more honest, or a bit more smarter.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sure they are.. "A bit more smarter". They still wash their clothes on washboards and ROCKS in a stream, and the people down stream drink and take a bath in the same water, and then that goes on down stream, and on and on and on.. What planet are you from?

I think what I'm trying to say AGAIN, is two ears, one mouth...