Tandberg 3015A cd player

Hi everyone
There is one of these units on e.bay at the moment which is faulty and by the sounds of the desciption a new laser would be in order, my question is how good is the sound of this tandberg and are lasers still available and i guess is it worth repairing if won at a reasonable bid , i used to have a stax quattro 2 cd player and traded it to upgrade my amps , iloved the sound and wish i could get another but there really hard to find in good condition , how would the tandberg rate to the stax , has anyone got any experience with the tandberg. cheers.
steam3642
I used to own one of these in the late 80s. I really liked the sound--where others complained about the digital edginess of CDs, I found no such thing when using this player. It looks nice too. However, depending on its age, I recall that the 3015A is at best an 18-bit machine. Today there are more advanced CD players that can also give you an analogue-like sound without breaking the bank, like the Jolida for instance.
I owed one in the early 90's. Then I switched to a Phillips
LHH 1000, withy was way better. Then to a Conrad Johnson
Premier 9, which was way above the Phillips. Then to the
(logical conclusion?) one and the only Audio Aero Capitole
(better then the CJ, but not way better...). Still, to buy one of those Tandbergs in a defective condition, nowadays,
no matter how apealing the price, would be a mistake, IMNSHO.
It sounded edgy then (even a good one for its generation) and prone to break down, it would be anachronical to buy it now.Kindly try to refrain yourself, since IT IS NOT a deal.
I know this is an older thread but since I own a couple of these I figured I’d chime in. There were two versions of this player, Based on two different DAC chips by Philips.  The analog section of the player is pure Class A. My father owned this player and he mostly listened to Classical and Jazz.  I inherited his player and picked up another as a backup. I too never found any issue with it playing a variety of music as well.  It’s a fantastic player but it does have issues with extended play CDs like those over 74 or 80 minutes. The digital section I believe is based off of a Philips CD player but the rest is Tandberg design.   I also have a Rotel RCD-991ae which is based off of the Burr Brown PCM63P and that too is a fantastic player.  No need to steer clear of these players if they’re in good condition. 
TANDBERG TCP 3015A2 x Philips TDA1540 - SAA7030Philips CDM-2TANDBERG TCP 3015A 16 bitPhilips TDA1541 - SAA7220Philips CDM-2