Tandberg 3011 tuner question

Is this an analog tuner?...also...what is the reliability of Tandberg equipment...I am contemplating buying a used one for around $100...thanks...
128x128phasecorrect
The Norwegian audio firm Tandberg built some of the finest audio equipment on the market from roughly the early 1970's until the mid-1990's, and they were particularly known for their excellent tuners and tape decks. The 3011 was not their top tuner, but it was still very good. Between 1971 and 1985, I owned a Tandberg open reel tape recorder, one of their tuners, and a preamp, and all of it was extremely well made. I still have Tandberg's "Troll" integrated amp, a small unit I use in my office system.

Assuming the tuner you are considering has been well cared for, it should provide fine service.
Try this link for info on vintage tuners: http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/. They have reviews of vintage tuners, as well as head to head comparisons (they call them shootouts) of vintage tuners. The Tandberg 3011A has placed roughly in the top half of tuners in the shootout ... which is pretty good, when you see the tuners that have competed. Regards, Rich
This is a very nice tuner. Not a 3001; but very nice. Build quality of Tandberg at that time was unrivaled. The only thing that might be an issue is the servo mechanism for tuning presets; but you don't need it to get great sound from this piece. Also, the antenna connection, if original will require an adapter to attach a coaxial antenna. Any Tandberg dealer will have these. At $100 it would be a steal $250-350 usually.
I had a 3011a for many years.Very reliable.Traded towards a Magnum Dynalab Etude.The Etude was better,but not by that much.I would say if this piece is in good working order,buy it before someone else does!
the tuner presets are prone to failure. the tuner goes into cardiac arrest when one of these goes and it is expensive to fix. i believe there are 8 presets and they all will go at some point. i gave up on mine and sold for parts.