Taming edge from remastered CDs?

It seems a common trait in my system that re-mastered CDs have better resolution and spatial information (e.g., 2003 Rhino "Fragile" by Yes) but seem sort of edgy and a little hard sounding. No such problem w/regular CDs or vinyl. I've been thinking about an equalizer to use for listening to only such recordings. Just tame the upper frequencies a little. Any suggestions? System is Cyber 800SE monoblocks, Consonance Ref 50 Preamp, David Schulte mod'd. Denon 2910, KAB mod'd Technics w/Heed Quasar Phono-pre. Acoustic treatments in use. Again, issue is with a minor segment of the listening I do.
128x128ghosthouse

Showing 1 response by ths364

I second Elizabeths suggestion to burn a cd-r from the cd's and try that.
It's the cheapest test and involves exactly zero changes to your system. I now do this with almost all of the cd's I like. They sound better than the factory discs in every case I've tried so far. I did a blind swap with a friend with very good ears: a/b'd the factory disc and a burned disc (played one song- then played the same song back to back) and in 4 cases he was able to identify the copy as the better sounding disc.