Talon Loudspeakers

Has anybody heard the Talon loudspeakers? Any thoughts? Especially the Talon Peregrine speakers ($6,000). Thanks.
128x128elb
You might want to consider the Bel Canto SET40. It is an 845 based SET amp with 37 wpc. The output tubes last about 8000 hours. I have one on order to audition. I have had good feedback from others using this amp. It will also give you the needed power for dynamcis and SPL's. I agree with Fred on this point. I had the Vonschweikert VR-6's. I had a 2A3 SET on them and it played well... but when I biamped and ran the MT module with the SET it then became magical. The VR-6's are rated at 96db efficient 1W1M. I would not expect a 3.5 watt amp to make the talons sing very well. It is also a very tough on the output tubes hen you drive them hard, they won't last long. The 845 tube will give you the bandwidth and power to handle the dynamic swings. My friend had the Jota and it is a fine sounding amp. It is quite expensive and you are limited to what brand output tubes you can use. Just pointing out another possible option. You can email me for more info... mike
Thanks Mike! I forgot about Bel Canto. Let me know what your feeling are about it after you audition it. I had Cary 805Cs at one time. They use the 845. I think these amps are either highly over-rated or just didn't work in my system. What speakers are you using with the Bel Canto?
I'm breaking in a pair of Khites and a ROC sub, using an EVo amp (great match). While I have a couple of hundred hours of break in still ahead of me (though hopefully not 500 like I've read here) there's a lot about these speakers that seems right. Very fast and articulate, particularly in the bass, with what I can only call an emotional presence begining to emerge in vocals. Given how high the bar on performance expectations has been set for these speakers I can appreciate the intensity of these postings. And then they do take a different path to the music, away from high-end speakers which lack real bass and emotion, offering instead treble detail (Silverlines strike me that way). I'm anxious to get them broken in, but I'm already having fun, even when I find myself 2 rooms away from the speakers and a wonderful song has floated into the room -- clear, articulate, and rich.
Glreno.. I have the VonSChweikert VR-7's. I am using the Thor Audio preamp TA-1000. I am just expermenting with amps and the BEl Canto seems to get great reviews. We will see. mike
Glreno.. I have the VonSChweikert VR-7's. I am using the Thor Audio preamp TA-1000. I am just expermenting with amps and the BEl Canto seems to get great reviews. We will see. mike