Talon Khorus x or B&W 802

whats best,talon khorus x or b&w 802,for jeff rowland 10 thanks
alesantin

Showing 1 response by speeddeacon

OK guys. I think it goes without saying that by identifying himself as a Talon dealer everyone reading the post understands where he's coming from and approaches his opinions in a little different light. But don't we all seek dealer's advice when visiting their showrooms? They are obviously in the business because they love audio as much as we do. I don't know anyone who's become rich selling audio gear. We may not agreee with them but we can all be educated some how, for better or worse, by them. I wouldn't anticipate a dealer recommending a component or speaker to me that he didn't sell. Could it happen? sure, but not very likely, in audio or any retail business. To paraphrase Xenon, we wouldn't recommend an F-150 if we make our living selling Silverado's would we? I think we would all like to think that a dealer prefers a particular product after careful evaluation and feels it fills a niche in his offerings because he will sink a good amount of money and energy into displaying the product. But I lose respect quickly for those that run down or demean others' products based on pure subjective evaluations.

One good point, however, is that perhaps all members should have to reveal any affiliation with the industry, be it manufacture, service, or sales, lest any of us that aren't be lead astray in advice or opinions. If no one took advice from this forum then there would be no advice asked on the forum would there? We could pick and chose the information we feel is valid knowing up front if there are any agendas. The stereo mags have all become prostitutes to the industry so it would be ideal to have a forum that is as "pure" as possible.

There is nothing more subjective than audio. Just as I may prefer dynamic cones to electrostats, SS to tube, 2 channel to multi-channel, someone more expert than I may prefer the exact opposite. But that doesn't invalidate either personal preference. We all know that you must listen for yourself to form the only opinion that matters anyway, yet we still seek out opinions from our 'phile bretheren for various reasons.

I like to read posts and hear others' opinions because it's entertaining and I learn a lot. I may check out a component that I'm not familiar with as a result of these boards, but I'm not sinking my hard earned cash into anything I've not personally auditioned first, which rules out a lot of products to which I don't have access.

Thank you, Mike, for your honesty and for expressing your observations and I may just have to check out Talon next time I have the chance.

Speeddeacon