Talon Khorus question

Why is it that there are so many Talon Khoruses being put on sales at such very low price, around 5,000-6000 USD. All of them seemed to be very new(less than 2 years) or even brand new. Is there something that seriously bother the owners of these supposely fine speakers?
suchtan
I've own the Khorus for over 5 months. They replaced the so called Sterephile Speaker of the Year, Eggleston Andras. As soon as I uncarted them and listened to my reference recordings, I knew I made the right choice. Don's discription of the speaker is right on. When I replaced my Bel Canto Evo with the Aloia Inductive amp/preamp, I really got to hear the bass speed, extension, and depth these speakers are really capable of. In addition, the midrange body/image bloom was enhanced significantly - they are sensitive to system components and set-up. Audio Tekne cables work well with these speakers also. To really make them sing I'm told that the Sistrum Platform works better than the Orchard Bay (on order, I have the polished Aluminum spikes). Why are people selling? One guy who has an axe to grind starts saying they lack this or that. People with lots of money to burn listen to this garbage and go off thinking they are going to upgrade their speakers when they really should spend the time optimizing their set-up or auditioning electronics that fit their tastes better. SACD audio and Talon are matched well. BTW - I don't work for Talon. I'm an engineer for Motorola.
Gentlemen, many thanks for all the illuminating comments. I didn't expect such an overwhelming responses from my question. There is a strong possibility that I will take the plunge on the Talon soon. Right now in our country we have outstanding speakers on sales such as the Watt/puppies 6, the Amarti Homage, the Jm Lab Utopia and of course the Martin Logan Prodigy. Not to mention the Eidolon from Avalon, Revel Ultima Salon, even the Soundlab M1s. None of these speakers(except may be the M1s which I haven't heard) can top my Genesis2 which I have been acquiring for about five years. But that wouldn't be fair because the Genesis is in another price range altogether. I just have a feeling that if the Talon can be competitive in these group of speakers I mentioned above at the price I can find on the Audiogon, I may have a good opportunity to introduce them among my big group of audiophile friends.
By the way, if any of you guys, especially Don, have a chance to visit Thailand, you are very welcome to contact me at least for a big dinner and probably visiting my dedicated listening room.
All the best to you all.
Suchart Tan
(my actual name is Suchart)
I was just hunting for our name on the 'net and came across the posting that listed Jeff Rowland Design Group as using Talons as our reference in the sound room. That's partially correct. We use them as A reference, though not THE reference. Because we haven't found the perfect loudspeaker in any form or fashion, we have a number of different loudspeakers at the factory that we have at our disposal for testing and evaluation purposes. We also have many that we can bring from or use at home as well. Some are a little more transparent, some faster and more dynamic, some more detailed, etc. As a manufacturer, we need to be able to evaluate our own designs rather than the sound produced by a single system - listening on a single system will only tell us about the compatibility or synergy our products have with a select or specific few. Our goal is to try to build products that will perform exceptionally well for you when you get home regardless of what you connect them to, so we try to use as many different associated components as possible (speakers, cables, digital, analog, etc.) to get as much variance as is realistically feasible.

Thanks -

Rich
Rich, that's a sensible approach and it seems to be working very well for JRDG. Thanks for clarifying. Suchart, I'm surprised there are so many exceptional speakers available over there. The shipping cost and mark-up must be staggering! If/when I get the chance to visit Thailand, I'm going to hold you to your generous offer. And if you ever get a chance to visit Wyoming, USA, I'll extend the same to you. Don
It would be my real pleasure to welcome you, Don. I can imagine we would have a lot of a good and long conversation together. And many thanks for your kind offer too.
Suchart