Talon Audio Khorus - WOW!!!

Ok...I am probably opening myself up to getting slammed by those people (a grand total of 2 people actually, at least on this forum) out there that have been bad-mouthing Talon (slanderously in my opinion) but here we go... I am just a guy that likes to listen to good music and I have been on my own "holy grail" speaker quest for over a year. Well, about 2 weeks ago I heard about this company called Talon Audio and they were doing things a bit differently than the "status quo". To make a long story short, I ordered a pair of the Khorus and they arrived last night. I have listened to a lot of speakers in my hunt (Genesis, Aerial, B&W, JM Lab, just to name a few; all with megabuck electronics) and NEVER have I heard anything like these speakers! I will put it this way: It has been stated on numerous occasions that these speakers need approximately 400 hours of break-in; however, even if that is true, I can't imagine these speakers sounding any better!!! What the heck are they gonna sound like when they are actually at their best?!?!? I am not going to say anything about the details (dynamics, extension, speed, air and all those other "audiophile" terms) until I have had more time with the speakers and they are more broken in, as it would be unfair to others interested in these speakers and also Talon Audio. I just wanted to let everyone know that as far as I can tell up to this point, Talon Audio is the REAL DEAL. For the first time in many years in this industry that we all like to call "high-end audio", I believe we are witnessing a revolution in speaker technology as opposed to the evolution that we have been watching for quite some time. Only time will tell. And finally, to all those that have been doubting Talon's technology, just LISTEN to their designs before you pass judgement. Sincerely, Mike Riggs P.S. I realize that there is probably a bit too much emotion in my post; but I am not a professional reviewer. Hence, I can't get fired for losing my reviewing credibility by being too enthusiastic ;-)
mriggs23ff
...and just wait til they are broken in !! Beyond fabulous. I am only at 300 hrs on mine and they are some damn good speakers.
Hi Mike! What is your associated equipment? They work well with SETs. I now have mine with an Art Audio Jota, and it is a wonderful match. They do just keep getting better. Keep playing them. They also have a better set of spikes available for them that are worth the extra money (available only from Talon).
Well, I am ashamed to say that at the moment I have a combined home theater and 2ch system front end. But that will be slowly changing. However, I must state that the PM2000 and Ref 30 listed below are outstanding for 2ch audio. My equipment is: Amp-> EAD Powermaster 2000 (Soon to be either Rowland or Bel Canto Evo). Preamp and DAC -> B&K Ref 30 (Soon to be First Sound Presence Deluxe Line Stage MKII and a Dodson DA-217 Mk II D). Speaker Cables and Interconnect-> Harmonic Tech. CD/DVD-> EAD TheaterVision-P (used only as transport for 2ch).
Hi Mike. Glad you're liking the speakers. Just a recommendation - I've owned the maxed out Presence Audio and it was pretty good but only o.k. imo. After a two year search, I ended up with a Joule Electra LA-100. Absolutely wonderful. Presence Audio was always clean and accurate, but somehow flat and lifeless, music through the Joule is vibrant and alive. Truly a music making machine - most important piece in any setup imo. Oh, and sometimes they can be found used for <$2000. Good luck.
My Talons are in the 400 hrs period. All of a sudden, the soundstage,and imaging just grew by leaps and bounds.They are incredible. I'm now running a BAT VK 50 se pre. and it is full of life also.When playing BB King/Eric Clapton's latest " Riding with the King" you feel like you need to move out of there way. As so they can do the show. INCREDIBLE.