Talk but not walk?

Hi Guys

This isn't meant to start a fight, but it is important to on lookers. As a qualifier, I have my own audio forum where we report on audio issues as we empirically test them. It helps us short cut on theories and developing methods of listening. We have a wide range of systems and they are all over the world adding their experiences to the mix. Some are engineers, some are artist and others are audiophiles both new and old. One question I am almost always asked while I am visiting other forums, from some of my members and also members of the forum I am visiting is, why do so many HEA hobbyist talk theory without any, or very limited, empirical testing or experience?

I have been around empirical testing labs since I was a kid, and one thing that is certain is, you can always tell if someone is talking without walking. Right now on this forum there are easily 20 threads going on where folks are talking theory and there is absolutely no doubt to any of us who have actually done the testing needed, that the guy talking has never done the actual empirical testing themselves. I've seen this happen with HEA reviewers and designers and a ton of hobbyist. My question is this, why?

You would think that this hobby would be about listening and experience, so why are there so many myths created and why, in this hobby in particular, do people claim they know something without ever experimenting or being part of a team of empirical science folks. It's not that hard to setup a real empirical testing ground, so why don't we see this happen?

I'm not asking for peoples credentials, and I'm not asking to be trolled, I'm simply asking why talk and not walk? In many ways HEA is on pause while the rest of audio innovation is moving forward. I'm also not asking you guys to defend HEA, we've all heard it been there done it. What I'm asking is a very simple question in a hobby that is suppose to be based on "doing", why fake it?

thanks, be polite

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

128x128michaelgreenaudio
Something’s obviously wrong with Costco-emoji. We don’t really know what it is. He exhibits a lot of Aspergers’s symptoms, but so much more. Once he sinks his teeth into you, he never lets go. Think of him as our pet wolverine.
If any one should be banned, it is the person calling for censorship in the forums. I have followed this train wreck of a thread from the beginning. There has been plenty of trolling from both sides. Heck, the OP admitted at one point to trolling and his trolling has continued throughout. He just wants to decide what style of trolling is allowed. He has done a fabulous job of providing non answers from the very beginning. There is no way any sort of censorship should be tolerated here. If you don't agree with the OPs sort of thinking and posting style, he feels you should be banned. No way. There are plenty of the people posting here that often post things that I don't care for. So what, I just move on. MG already has an entire forum where he gets to call the shots. Now he wants the same here, there and everywhere. Toontown for everyone, everywhere, all of the time. No other thinking or conversation is allowed except what you deem proper. BTW, in all of the time I have been a member here, I have yet to see anyone that deserves to be banned and that includes MG. However, if he wants to be the one always calling the shots, deciding who can say what and how, he should go back to where he came from. No censorship is wanted or needed here.

Yep, this audio forum should run wide until it closes it's door, and it will. See you later friendly audiophile exchanges. Sorry you got mugged while you were here.

Sorry Golf but that's why HEA is in dire decline. Grumpy old men are not the happy future of HEA. Not convinced come back a year from now and lets post here.

See ya gang, thanks for visiting and all the different opinions. I'll see you in a month or so.

http://tuneland.forumotion.com/

Thanks for the emails, I super appreciate them.

MG

Post removed 
Things come and go all of the time. If this forum dies, so what? Audio is your gravy, so I understand why you would get upset if it goes away. Heck, you have been here selling since your first post. Every time the bow wave dies down, you come back. However, your solution to what you perceive to be the problem is exactly why this country is in the dire decline it is in. If you don't like what someone has to say, then they should not be able to say it. Ban them, ban them all! This is a country of free speech, irrespective if you like what is being said or not. You can always just go back to your safe space where you are king and stay there. Or you can come here and participate where people are free to have differing opinions. It is up to you. Having five or six different forums where everyone sings your version of kum baghya has no interest for me.