Talk but not walk?

Hi Guys

This isn't meant to start a fight, but it is important to on lookers. As a qualifier, I have my own audio forum where we report on audio issues as we empirically test them. It helps us short cut on theories and developing methods of listening. We have a wide range of systems and they are all over the world adding their experiences to the mix. Some are engineers, some are artist and others are audiophiles both new and old. One question I am almost always asked while I am visiting other forums, from some of my members and also members of the forum I am visiting is, why do so many HEA hobbyist talk theory without any, or very limited, empirical testing or experience?

I have been around empirical testing labs since I was a kid, and one thing that is certain is, you can always tell if someone is talking without walking. Right now on this forum there are easily 20 threads going on where folks are talking theory and there is absolutely no doubt to any of us who have actually done the testing needed, that the guy talking has never done the actual empirical testing themselves. I've seen this happen with HEA reviewers and designers and a ton of hobbyist. My question is this, why?

You would think that this hobby would be about listening and experience, so why are there so many myths created and why, in this hobby in particular, do people claim they know something without ever experimenting or being part of a team of empirical science folks. It's not that hard to setup a real empirical testing ground, so why don't we see this happen?

I'm not asking for peoples credentials, and I'm not asking to be trolled, I'm simply asking why talk and not walk? In many ways HEA is on pause while the rest of audio innovation is moving forward. I'm also not asking you guys to defend HEA, we've all heard it been there done it. What I'm asking is a very simple question in a hobby that is suppose to be based on "doing", why fake it?

thanks, be polite

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

128x128michaelgreenaudio
A piece of mud from the lake near the trees harvested for Mpingo discs. It achieves unity of those two with mystique of well-known healing properties. It focuses the Earth vibrations on the center of the disc from where it spreads shimmying to the music of an ancient tribe that first used the tree for sound.
Post removed 

Michael Green,

It’s a shame you decided to drag me back into this meaningless thread about walking or talking or whatever (?) based on you being the judge and jury coupled to endless consumer profiling, calling out and insulting listeners posting objections (more on that momentarily), continuations of no cost marketing & advertising ploys, storytelling that cannot be verified and profiteering too!

You stated:

I've always been an odd bird when it comes to money. I put fun way before money. Money is a drain on the soul and I don't buy into the American way of capitalism. When people live for money they become a slave to it, many times become selfish and dishonest. I don't live that way, come good or bad.

Rubbish!  Only a fool would believe that statement, especially coming from a principal business owner. Now that’s one LOL moment...

Regards to your statements referring to my past along with your lack of remembrance concerning timelines:

I arrived on the Audio scene in 1985 leaving a successful career in professional sound due to injury. I toured as both FOH and Monitor sound engineer, employed by a few famous musicians, worked over a thousand shows, spent time in a few studios and unlike your ongoing stories and entitlements from the past, my background is easily proven as factual.

I choose to work with ‘degreed engineers’ of all types and they are listed on our website for your review. What we are doing in sound reproduction is far different than matching and altering frequencies of wood blocks to footer systems. Been there done that a number of years back.

We realized the shortcomings of variable tuning techniques. They are quite difficult to document hence we see your frustration in lacking technical explanation as requested multiple times by the readership. 

The sonic results from tuning techniques are in a continual state of flux - meaning the parts will never sound the same over the course of time. The tuning technique does not provide a standardized point of reference required for developing and expanding a technology. Tuning as you call it will remain forever a technique that bears functionality and will always provide a limited market for retail growth as “sales” appears to be the actual reason you are here.

The tuning technique has remained the same since your beginning. The only difference we noticed is the advertising content has changed where you are now choosing various woods that are no longer “hand chosen by the Amish” as previously advertised.

By the way how does anyone “voice” a 2” x 6” wall joist? And is it voiced before or after it is mechanically grounded as part of the structural framework?

We’ve noticed you are the only one preaching the typical “yours is better than ours” display of words. The same individual who brought you the audio point delivered it to us after someone on your end obviously failed miserably to see the potential development from a smallish brass cone.

Our science is titled Live-Vibe Technology™ and is slowly expanding beyond the borders of audio reproduction. A portion is now protected by Patent as we continue to progress in that direction.

The Original Audio Points™ have evolved into Sistrum Platforms™ which you never auditioned or we would never be participating in silly talk over which cone sounds better.

You are aware that the type of shelf materials and/or racking design the cone is contacting is 100% responsible for the finality in audible performance and not the cone itself - right? Maybe you don’t understand, because the mass of steel and specific geometry designed into each Sistrum Platform commands the frequency (pitch) management of the brass. In your world, the varying wood determines the sound. You should also be made aware that we no longer use the same brass chemistry that you are relating to from back in the day and we both know different brass = different results.

Sistrum Platforms evolved into mechanical grounding of AC electrical panels, structural walls, floors and ceilings, newer cable chase networks and let us not forget - the Musical Instrument Industry where Star Sound continues to expand rapidly.

Tuning functions because applied tension is required to alter sonic and that is defined as a technique. Your passion in believing that tuning will replace all of High End Audio is of admiration but without a core technology based on mathematics, tuning will always reside in the ‘halls of hobby’. It's not for everyone.

After all, according to your many statements; HEA is already dead. Funny how your atypical opinion defies logic… we both are still “living” off a dead industry.

Another topic:  Hats off to you bdp24. Your post above reflecting on “hobby” is well written with meaning and deserves another read by everyone.

Robert

Star Sound

LISTEN TO LIVE! ℠

This thread is degenerating into a complete BS and is no longer worth participating in or even reading. One thing I did learn - about Michael's reference source.