Talk but not walk?

Hi Guys

This isn't meant to start a fight, but it is important to on lookers. As a qualifier, I have my own audio forum where we report on audio issues as we empirically test them. It helps us short cut on theories and developing methods of listening. We have a wide range of systems and they are all over the world adding their experiences to the mix. Some are engineers, some are artist and others are audiophiles both new and old. One question I am almost always asked while I am visiting other forums, from some of my members and also members of the forum I am visiting is, why do so many HEA hobbyist talk theory without any, or very limited, empirical testing or experience?

I have been around empirical testing labs since I was a kid, and one thing that is certain is, you can always tell if someone is talking without walking. Right now on this forum there are easily 20 threads going on where folks are talking theory and there is absolutely no doubt to any of us who have actually done the testing needed, that the guy talking has never done the actual empirical testing themselves. I've seen this happen with HEA reviewers and designers and a ton of hobbyist. My question is this, why?

You would think that this hobby would be about listening and experience, so why are there so many myths created and why, in this hobby in particular, do people claim they know something without ever experimenting or being part of a team of empirical science folks. It's not that hard to setup a real empirical testing ground, so why don't we see this happen?

I'm not asking for peoples credentials, and I'm not asking to be trolled, I'm simply asking why talk and not walk? In many ways HEA is on pause while the rest of audio innovation is moving forward. I'm also not asking you guys to defend HEA, we've all heard it been there done it. What I'm asking is a very simple question in a hobby that is suppose to be based on "doing", why fake it?

thanks, be polite

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

128x128michaelgreenaudio

Something got your many posts deleted prof. As well the Starsound posts and the kosst posts. Anyone can scroll through the pages and see this is the case, so don't be "fake". That's reality and documented.

I tTotally disagree with jf47t or whoever you are.

Like Prof has disclosed previously:

‘Someone’ and not something had the posts removed.

The "reality" of this thread was clearly documented but unfortunately a lot of reality has been deleted. The fakes are actually the individuals removing selective posts that impair their egos and/or challenge the hard-line facts.

Example:    "abusive toward other members"   These complaints must be first filed by a member so two thinned skin someone's are responsible for removing a boat load of posts on this thread. Said individuals should finally stop "laying blame on the moderators" and look in a mirror.

Personally, I never liked people that play on both sides of the fence.

“The Truths” that were disclosed in the many removed posts were the only spot on factors here and not the participants.

NOW FOR A DOSE OF REALITY:

Jf47t stated:

And yes you have not only been asked to calm down by other posters but have also had several of your posts deleted by the mods for being "abusive toward other members".

How did you know this?

Moderators do not explain or display their actions.

SO again -

How Did You Know the Exact Reason for Profs’ Posts Being Deleted?

How could anyone know that was the reason, unless………….💡!!!

GUILTY AS CHARGED

Sincerely,

Robert

@geoffkait - again…

Uh, most likely he uses a different moniker over there. You know, so guys like yourself and the dudes from Star Sound can’t go stalk him there. Just a hunch.

GK, we dudes call the bull as we see it!

Sorry in that your hunch is NOT correct. We would never lower ourselves to play the public or question anyone by using a false moniker but we believe Prof is on the right track towards  discovering why others here remain in hiding.

Our history speaks for itself as there is no need to falsify anything we present as public disclosure. We have no issues taking the personal hits where unlike others, our dudes refuse to file complaints. Say what you will as defending our technology is much easier for us now compared to twenty years ago.

>>>>Oh brother! Here come the word games. Directly coupled. Yuk, yuk! Well, I guess all seismologists can’t be geniuses. Besides, I haven’t been wrong since 1987.

Wow mistake free since 1987 - Is that the year NASA gave you the shoe?

I see. Nothing at all to do with audio systems and seismic vibration. Oh, I almost forgot! You dudes don’t think isolation is possible.

Isolation is not possible in real world applications - you know Geoff, the real world as in modern day planet Earth…

Isolation is a technique, one of many techniques applied to audio however we live on the planet so everything having or requiring power and function has a grounding mechanism - a footer, a rack, a support system, a tire, a physical structure - something that eventually comes in contact with Mother Earth - even LIGO! We find greater sonic results via mechanical grounding as the key mechanism in comparison to floatation techniques.

High speed resonance energy transfer processes are being applied to audio reproduction where vibrations being the energy containing all the harmonic layers and dynamics listeners seek to hear and feel is used as a tool to further enhance musical qualities. Musical instruments along with our ears take full advantage of vibration so how does one bring this understanding to the mechanical, electromechanical and acoustic levels of function?

Our technology is based on allowing a component or speaker to first vibrate as the device will seek and establish its own level of operational efficiency where the highest level of performance is established. We then mechanically ground or open the flood gates so the resonance that is formed from vibration travels rapidly to earth’s ground. This process results in highly audible increases in full range sonic performance.

Vibration is sound. Resonance formed from many vibrations is the negative result (a signal clog) therefore we manage resonance formed from vibration.

This technology works on all sound and video production equipment, adapts to structural environments and is being used for enhancing musical instrument function as well. Isolation cannot achieve this new standard of multiple applications. That is why we no longer prioritize the inaudible tangibles such as ongoing mini-earthquakes and 1Hz frequencies when discussing sound and physical environments. In our realm of study and progress, those age old theories and stories are now retired to historical content.

Star Sound

Or, maybe some members don't like being stalked by angry axe to grind type of folks.

Ah, the pupil uses the teacher’s thread to rant and rave and promote his rather backward ideas at every opportunity. Ooops, I hope I’m not a baiter. 😳