Taking Suggestions for New Speaker Cables

Have a desire to replace/upgrade from current MIT CV2 Terminator 2S speaker cables. I have a mix of tube and solid state equipment - CODA 10.5r SS amplifier and Audio Note L3 (M3) tube preamp coupled with Totem Sttaf speakers. I have the Manley Chinook tube phono stage paired with Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable and Ortofon 2M Black cartridge. I'm looking at Siltech 330L entry-level cables, Nordost Heimdall, Kimber Kable Monocle X, and Cardas Audio. WireWorld also has some nice cables for consideration. Let me know what you think. Ideally, I want to keep this purchase under $1000. Used cables are totally fine assuming I can obtain banana plugs. The Totems require spades with 3/8" width in order to work - hard to find these custom size spades.
wescoman

Showing 4 responses by bo1972

I would suggest to listen to some Audioquest cables. Look for those who have DBS72v. The difference between MIT and Audioquest has become huge. With different clients I had superior results with Audioquest against MIT cables. MIT needs to do a lot of research to catch up.
Kimber is a brand I sold a lot in the past. But to be honnest Audioquest is a lot better these days. I compared them a few times. The stage is wider and deeper, there is more decay. Individual focus of instruments and voices is sharper. And also in the low freq the timing is better and there is more drive and different layers. I hope Kimber will soon come with new and better cabels.
I owned the Nordost Valhalla loudspeakercable for 12 years of time. And I sold Nordost for over 9 years ot time. In the past I sold a lot Valhalla and also Valhalla powercords. Nordost was and is still what i call; incomplete. Because it does not have all the different parts you need for all cables togheter. In the past Nordost loudspeakercable with Kimber interconnects was more complete and better liked by all my clients. I often talked about the limitations of Nordost with the people of Nordost. Recently I heard the Valhalla 2 cables. They still have the same limitations togheter. My recent Audioquest Redwood was superior in all different parts compared to my old Valhalla.

Getting the best sound is creating all the different parts which arer needed for the absolute sound. It is that easy and clear!