Not surprising. TACET DVDA are without doubt the best multichannel discs, particularly the series of chamber music. Why can't domestic labels meet this high standard?
2 responses Add your response
Why can't domestic labels meet this high standard?
Money, Demand (or lack of it) & Record Executives - that's why
The smaller labels like NAXOS, CHANDOS, TACET etc...
- seek out the lesser known artists to save money.
- attract the best sound engineers (where sound is their passion) and they won't be asked to cut corners
- Execs who are passionate about the music and the sound - not so much about $$$
As for Demand:
- no one has or makes the time these days to actually sit down and listen to music
- what else should we expect from a "general population" (OK - all the younger people I know) that believe MP3 produces amazing sound?
They actually wonder why I bother with those funny black discs or the smaller silver ones - JUST DOWNLOAD! into your phone and boogie on.
Ask yourselves a Question:
- how many people do you know (relative or friend) that you did not meet as a direct result of music, or introduce to the finer points thereof, that also share in your interest?
I have only met two. A fellow Brit and my Brother-in-law (the rest of the family think we're NUTS!)
The rest just want to plop on a CD on their boom-box or mini-system for background music.
Thanks to disposable income - Hi-Fi - is having a revival!