TA-102 fo.Q Product from Japan "TRY These"

TA-102 fo.Q from Japan. 
I just added these to the bottom of my Focal Speaker stands. They are supposed to reduce vibrations and I must say they have tightened up the soundstage and bass. For a package of 2 for speakers they cost about $35 and it only took about a week to receive. 
I bought additional ones that I will try on the inside of some of my component covers. These are the real deal, even  better than Herbies!

ozzy
128x128ozzy

Showing 8 responses by jkbtn

It's called "snaked-oil-induced-placebo-effect". Don't waste your money folks.

https://www.thecableco.com/ta-102-tuning-absorber-tape.html

"... Cut the tape to the desired size using scissors or other cutting implement, then adhere it to the surface of the audio components, such as the speakers, the amplifiers, the CD players, the audio racks, the power supply boxes, etc ..."     Wow... M-A-G-I-C.The Japanese must've learned a thing or two from Synergistic Research - the snake oil capital of the world.

I put some fo.Q tape on the engine of my car it now runs so much better.

Seriously... who are these people? Just incredibly gullible?? Or get paid to do this (writing positive reviews)??? Could be one person using multiple usernames.

Whatever... it's sublime. We salute you!
Now it's so obvious. You must identify yourself when you start a (marketing) thread like this one. If you did I wouldn't do anything to hurt your business. Good luck.
So if this is not a marketing thread... then what? Why would anyone take the time to write such an advertisement for a particular product/brand in public forums like Audiogon, if not affiliated? Too much enthusiasm in high-end audio, or too much free time on his hands, or just try to gain some popularity on here?He and his friend (or the same one) at least got the forum troll on their side. Again, good luck.

"... Science and Technology Agency (who helped develop the product) showing exactly how fo.Q tape works, and the parent company Kiso Industries Ltd., and the inventor Titecs Ltd and their patent for piezoelectric vibration damping, here are links ...""... Vibration-damping materials are materials that convert vibration energy into thermal energy and reduce the vibrations of a solid surface ..."

Well, it seems you’ve done a quite bit of research. Actually it grabbed my attention since I’m an engineer specialized in piezoelectricity. Vibrations generate some tiny bit of current ... that practically can’t be converted into substantial amount of heat. We can use that minute current in many innovative applications such as mapping atoms as in scanning electron microscopy, but not enough as in heat generating damping materials. They just try to sell snake oil. Use the money to buy concert tickets or favorite CDs.
who stole the bat mobile

“… I’m not affiliated in any way with fo.Q or any other audio product, and you can take my word for that…”

Ok, I’d take your word for that… but why are you fiercely defending this magic tape if you’re not affiliated?

As you’re probably already aware there is so much dishonesty going on in this so called “high-end” audio world… magic stones/pebbles/wood/tapes/mats (from PerfecPathTech) and more. Mr. Einstein came up with his theory of relativity about 100 years ago and defined the space-time continuum and gravity. The point is that everything in the theory plays out within the laws of physics. Actually you can understand the special theory, probably except for the Lorentz transformation which requires higher level math skills. It will certainly make you cry.

However, these magic things do not. Nothing but snake oil. I know that Furutech makes expensive connectors/ac receptacle/other components. I’d call it BS. You can definitely get same (or very very close) sound quality using cheaper components from Taiwan or elsewhere. You must be a highly trained music professional like Leonard Bernstein to tell any difference in sound quality between those using Furutech components and those using much cheaper Taiwanese ones. So do not waste money if you’re not Jeff Bezos.

If you have enough money to spend…

1. Upgrade your DAC

2. Get a good preamp from those venerable audio brands like Pass, Krell, Levinson, Accuphase. Will last a century.

3. Of course, nice amps and speakers

And these are all DIY projects.

1. Proper speaker placement - $0.00.

2. Room treatment – Go to Walmart/Homedepot/JoAnn’s to get materials. It’s fun to make it yourself.

3. Replace the circuit breaker (if it’s a 15 amp) with a 20 amp one for the power amp. Go find some video tutorials on Youtube.

4. Replace the AC receptacles with hospital grade 20A receptacles. This doesn’t improve the sound but I like the tightness. You can find nice ones on ebay/amazon $10 each.

5. But never spend $$$ on power cables or conditioners. Again, SNAKE OIL.

Nice detective work... and I see some teamwork going on here. So who is the team leader of this snake oil business? And who are the followers?

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7821 
Can't you tell it's a young man's room? That's my second system I recently set up in my son's room since he left home. He got his degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from one of the top engineering colleges in the nation. I'm so proud of this bright young man.  I got the tube amp just about 2 months ago. I've been thinking of posting my main system (massive class A amps/preamp/speakers and a new DAC, room treatment, etc..) but that's never going to happen. I don't want these people (you know who I'm talking about) to see it.Anyways the key component in this small system is the FM tuner. Just turn on the amp and tuner... no need to replace discs... no need to log in and browse. These days I rarely go down to the listening room. $500 for the tube amp, $150 for the CD player (actually i didn't need it), $20 for the FM tuner, $600 for the speakers, $100 for the speaker cables (Kimber 8tc), $50 for the 10awg power cable. The bottom line here is that you don't need to spend so much money to get yourself an enjoyable system. Being an audiophile is all about loving and enjoying music. Do not waste money on things that are not necessary.
geoffkait15,031 posts05-01-2019 11:23am
>>>>That’s so silly. I was solving Lorentz transformation equations when I was 15. <<<<
Hey, the forum troll... you what? Where did you get that silly idea? Google or Wikipedia? You do not solve the Lorentz transformations but you DERIVE them. You should’ve studied harder. But I don’t think you’ll ever get it.

uberwaltz

"... Exactly the same word for word posts as they have already posted in some other threads, obviously struggling to come up with many variations on a theme so just copy and paste.... "

Yes I simply copy and paste just to save time. Do I need to come up with variations? For what? Perhaps I am trolling on here these days but obviously not as mush as you are.... using big fancy words that you don’t even understand... and misleading people