T+A PDP3000HV

Having done a considerable amount of research and read numerous reviews about this cd/sacd/dac I decided to order one from my local hi-fi dealer. This is an expensive high-end player and is extremely well built and sounds very nice indeed. I think you can detect a "but" coming....and it is that the transport is noisy, particularly when playing red book cd -- sacd is far less of an issue. The mechanism is at its loudest at the start of a cd (when it's spinning at its fastest) and reduces over time as it tracks across the cd. The noise resembles a mechanical rumble and varies in level between different cd's which makes it particularly baffling.
I would welcome any comments from other owners of this machine to see if they have experienced any similar issues. I have never heard or read of any problems of this kind when doing my research.
I have contacted the UK importers of T+A and they are assisting with the situation.   

gateway10

Showing 1 response by stereo5

The internals on  SACD/CD player should be quiet.  My Esoteric player makes no such noise and their VRDS NEO transport is one of the best in the business.
More to discover