System too harsh Help

I have a Parasound HALO P-21. Thought it would be good to power my Revel 30 preforma's. I will use a Halo P-3 preamp to try to match equipment but not committed to it. Might need another preamp. I was told to buy Harmonic Technology biwires pro-9. I have nordost cable Balduer running from cd Player , CD player is a conosance ref. 2.2 . Tube output.
I have two balanced cables both of which have not solved problem. Harmonic Technology precesion link and some generic silver wires, both balanced. They run from amp to current preamp Nuforce P-8.

The question is :
1. send speaker cables back. Get different one???
2. Add new cables to the signal path to correct brightness problem.
3. get a different preamp.

It sounds O.K. but highs are too crisp .

Can it be fixed witout a amp change. That damed beast cost too much to ship as well as my revel speakers.

Please help, any input would be great
128x128sansui80

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

There is no doubt that proper speaker placement and room interaction must be addressed first in any system set-up. However- Every step up that I have made in my system's cables, interconnects, and power cords has yielded audible benefits(generally sound stage and transparency) that has been appreciated by all(usually musicians) that listened to the system. The VPI Magic Bricks sitting atop the power transformers of my monoblocks, and my Audio Magic Stealth XXX are VERY obviously absent and missed if removed from their stations. That you personally cannot hear, don't understand, or your system cannot resolve, the differences that certain component changes and tweaks can make DOES NOT make them snake-oil or in any way negate their benefits. It's a shame to deny others such benefits because you cannot appreciate them, But I suppose that's what freedom of speech is all about.