synergy w/ Spendor SP100

Thinking about tring tubes (amp) with my SP100'S,probably an integated, due to limited budget.Please give some ideas and or examples of tubed gear you have used that you thought sounded good together.Also, please include related gear (cables, source, etc...)I listen mostly to acoustic,folk,jazz,and rock. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and feedback!
rickeyjunior

Showing 1 response by salectric

The Spendors work great with tube amps. I am fortunate to have a number of amps to drive my SP-100's with---Classe CA-300, Cary 40M monoblocks, modified Dyna ST-70, EICO HF-35 monoblocks, and EICO HF-12 monoblocks. All of the tube amps are push-pull EL-34's, except the HF-12's which are push-pull EL-84's. My preferred amp always seems to be the Carys. They have a natural warmth and ease that matches the Spendors nicely. This particular Cary model has been discontinued for a number of years, but it sometimes appears on the used market. Please note that the Cary 40M is not the same as the more readily available 40M Mk.II. The Mk.II appears identical from the outside and uses the same input tube (6SL7) but it uses a very different input/driver circuit.

Hope this is of some interest. I apologize for the late posting, but just saw this message.