Synergistic Research Black Box -

Had anybody used  Synergistic Research Black Box ?

I will appreciate very much if previous users could give me your opinion on this product.
128x128shkong78
@ fleschler8

Thanks a lot for your valuable opinion.

All teaks are dependent on system and personal taste.

I will consider your experience before pulling the trial.

when it comes to the black box or feq, what happens if they are plugged into a power bar and NOT the wall outlet like the instructions recommend. If its working at 100 percent at the wall outlet, why percentage would you get if they were plugged into a power bar? 70 percent? how bad do you think it would be?
The Black Box has no power connections so your question is moot

As to the FEQ -- there are actually two plugs to be connected. The power plug (a wall wart) is fine in any sort of power bar or conditioner -- I plug mine into my PowerCell. In fact I find it sounds even better using a short pigtail extender I made -- that takes some of the stress off the heavy wall wart. With this setup you actually get 110% of the performance of the straight into the wall setup

The second plug is for the ground connection. This must be plugged into the same wall duplex as the FEQ (or the power strip or conditioner that is powering the FEQ). It should not be plugged into the power strip itself -- if you do you'll get 20% of the effect, in fact it may make the system sound worse than not using the FEQ at all!

If you do not have a pair of duplex outlets available you can of course by a SR ground system and plug the ground into that -- however this in turn will need to be plugged into that same spare outlet -- you will at least need only one outlet no matter how many things you then need to ground

Hope this makes sense - it can seem pretty confusing
folk freak, that was the spot on info I needed , thank you so much. Have a great weekend .
Post removed