Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Years back I used an ARC CLASSIC 60 in the system. Very nice amp by the way. For about a year I used a copper plug in place of the fuse. It made me too nervous so I eventually pulled it out and put the stock fuses back in. It just wasn't worth the risk. 

Frank
Post removed 
Hi Frank,

how much better is the blue fuse vs. the black?  10%?  20?  I look forward  to hear your honest opinion.  Thx. 

Allan
Allan ...

My "honest opinion" was expressed on the previous page in my review of the new SR BLUE fuses.  Every word is true. Its another amazing advancement. Well worth replacing the Black fuses with the Blues.

I was listening to a few Kingston Trio CD's tonight ... and those guys were in the room. 

Frank
First and most importantly thank you Frank for your detailed report on the sonic changes you experienced with the Synergistic Research Black fuses. I am so glad to see your energy level is back after your surgery.

gbmcleod makes a very important point. These fuses and wall outlets do have a dramatic effect on a system's sound. My main three systems use a combination of different wall outlets (Red and Black) to achieve that most perfect sound.
So experiment and have satisfaction in doing so. Gb is absolutely correct. Utilize the Synergistic Research (or other fuse makers ) return policy to your advantage. Only the end user can determine if the fuse makes their system sound better.

My Mother (age 93) is looking forward to auditing the Blue fuse in her new Nelson Pass amplifier ! 

I am looking forward to a "well done- son " reply from my Mother when she hears the effects of the new fuse.  

David Pritchard