Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Wolf_Garcia 9-21-2017
Anybody able to locate the above mentioned "UEF Tech" patent? I'd be interested in whatever the heck THAT says.
Wolfie, I did a search at the U.S. Patent Office website (uspto.gov) of both granted patents and patent applications that have been filed, using a great many relevant search terms. I found nothing relevant to SR or any of its products, or to UEF (Uniform Energy Field) technology specifically.

Best regards,
-- Al
(Licensed but non-practicing patent attorney)

It’s never a perfect time to buy technology, it’s constantly changing/evolving. Don’t feel too blue for those millions who bough iPhone 7s recently or whatever. Don’t feel blue. Get it? 😰 Besides, it should have been a tip off when SR had a special sale on Black Fuses several months ago. Hel-loo!

Good point Geoffkait. Somehow the constant change in fuse models seems different and, well, excessive.  Marketing is at play and the real risk to brand new Black owners was surely discussed. I bet they work with brand new owners if the owner asks. 
Feel bad for Tom and new Black owners.  New owners.

Well many new Black owners have taken advantage of discount pricing recently.
Many dealers have been selling the Black fuses at discounts for the last couple of months.
Hence, I am not surprised by this "update". Many dealers, of any product, will sell at discount before a new revision is released.