Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
perfectpathtech,

I gather you are talking about the original Quantum Signal Enhancer, which is intended for external use in one’s system? The iQSE came out pretty recently, and is intended for use inside components. It has double-sided tape on one side to fix it to an internal service. I was planning on putting it inside my DAC, but found it worked great placed on top of my Tara Labs Powerscreen power strip. Apparently, the iQSE has a greater effect than the the QSE:

http://tweekgeek.blogspot.com/2017/03/new-tweak-alert-bybee-internal-quantum.html

I don’t know for sure, as I haven’t compared them. All I know is that I love what the iQSE does.
I've been emailing about the iQSE with Chris Johnson, president of The Parts Connexion.  They are now stocking the new, final version of the iQSE.  I ordered three of them an hour ago.  I'm planning one each for my disc player, preamp and amp.  Should be fun...
Frank,

I can't wait for you to reveal the device that you are testing.  Can you tell us what's the price point that we are looking at for this device?  Also, have you tried the iQSE on your system?

Allan
tommylion  Yes the older version, maybe the new one is different, sticky tape, and a fourth letter to the name IMO that's the upgrade. The reason I say that is the active ingredient is carbon 13, and from what I have read from others experimenting with it is the right amount is critical. The older version works well in gear as well. Regardless its a great product, I am sure anyone who tries one will end up with at least a few more. Happy your enjoying it!