Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa

shadorne
"Anyone who is building “high-end” products that are limited by power supply performance should find a different business."

Quote above from reputable audio equipment manufacturer

For audiophiles that need special power cords or fuses, the above statement can be adapted to;

"Anyone who is buying “high-end” products that are limited by power supply performance should find a different product."

>>>>>OK, Mr. Smarty Pants. Name one. Bet you can't. Get real.
 Just a heads up that somebody took apart one of those purifiers and it was a two dollar resister inside. I believe it shows a pic on Cam in a thread about that same product. 
analogluvr
Just a heads up that somebody took apart one of those purifiers and it was a two dollar resister inside. I believe it shows a pic on Cam in a thread about that same product.

Gotta link to that pic? I thought not. 
Just got the iQSI in the mail today. I was going to put it in my DAC, but after reading about others getting good results using it around power inlets, I placed it on top of the Tara Labs Powerscreen that my transport, DAC, and amp are plugged into (pre is passive). Heard the results right away, no break in needed (Hooray!).

I am stunned! Rather than try to describe what it does myself, I will just say that Larry Cox nailed it in the Positive Feedback review linked above.