Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
You meet all kinds in this line of work. - Private Investigation, Dire Straits

😛
Post removed 
Wofie-Garcia sez:

" Oregonpapa…are you implying that people disagreeing with what they feel are ridiculous claims by audio mythologists are likely to be involved in domestic violence?"

Not at all, Wofie.  Disagree all you want. 

What I'm saying is, the constant referring to those here in this thread (the vast majority) who find that their after market fuses have afforded a significant improvement in their audio systems as "fools," "shills," and other such derogatory terms is nothing more than a form of verbal abuse and violence, unrecognized as such by the person doing the violence.

Its not unlike the alcoholic, deep into his/her disease, being unable to recognize the hurt and damage his/her domestic violence causes the family structure. They don't identify it with violence at all. After all ... they are just a happy drunk who blacks out and can't remember a thing about the family they just killed, the house they burned down, or the Thanksgiving turkey with all the trimmings they threw through the living room window. 

If one's verbal violence is on display here with such abandon in a public forum, what must it be like at home or with people at work? My consensus is ... a bully is a bully is a bully is a bully. Get it? 

Check your intentions, buddy. 

Frank

Post removed 
@oregonpapa   

"
In addition, for your consideration, I would like to add category "C."

C) These are the ones who carry negative feelings throughout their entire narrow darkened little lives toward anyone who is more successful, more intelligent or better looking than they are.

There is a high probability of domestic violence perpetrated by them upon family members and/or friends either verbally, physically, or both somewhere in their history.  

Frank
"

I think that is a bit OTT. It is even worse than saying "if you can't see the emperors beautiful new raiment then you must be stupid."

For myself I can only be saddened that some people put up with such poorly maintained or designed equipment that they have resorted to flipping fuses and even worse - a different fuse actually sounds different on their inadequate gear ! All this when a fuse is not even remotely in the signal path!! So sad that boutique gear can be that unreliable. I admit to having a preamp that was improved by a mains conditioner but from that day on I was looking to replace this inadequate preamp. A power supply is inadequate if it cannot filter out noise from the mains and tragically lacking if it is sensitive to a mere fuse.