Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
I didn't want to hijack the thread, but just answer to Tommylion and make a parenthesis in the dispute" this can't work" "voodoo" "Synergistic salesman" for a while. Nothing more, and I'll stop here now.
But this not your thread.
I am happy with Synergistic fuses in my amps  and Dac and Beeswax in the pre and phono . I began with SR, but if I had to choose now I would buy all Beeswax I think superiors. That said SR are so good I can be happy as I am.
And what about you and the fuses ? You don't use them : good. Did you ever post something else than copy / paste an opinion and try to ridicule it's author ? You post in many many threads but why don't you make your own ? 
Audiogon forums are not the Geoffkait everyday show
I have to come back and cover a slight error I made in my wording. I used the term 're-settable fuses'.

What I really meant was correctly chosen circuit breakers. The kind where you have to go in, in the gear or manually on the back or what not... and re-set it physically and manually.

When carefully chosen.. in John's estimation... they sound better than fuses. This is not a thing that can easily be retrofitted and each designer (when designing a given build) makes the choices they do. Ie, not just any circuit breaker but carefully chosen ones. Tested for their levels of sonic malfeasance.
Is the circuit breaker imbued with cryoed molecules, voltage bombarding "tesla" treatment, or any other soundstage and cello enhancing mojo? If not, why is it better than a fuse? Why is any fuse (that is working properly and in the "proper" direction with perhaps a sweet, fruity filling) better than any other fuse that's working properly? It seems that a circuit breaker would be prone to untreatable contact degradation, or at least harassment from the other, more delicate components in the amp (these components DO talk to each other by the way…it's measurable). I need answers.
On the subject of graphene, I came across this contact enhancer.

http://madscientist-audio.com/presta/22-graphene-contact-enhancer

Anyone volunteer to be the guinea pig and report back on it? 😉

wolf,

It's only those unanswerable questions which are worth asking.

I have a very short fuse so don't push me on this or I will blow.  Beeswax all over the place.