Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Geoffkait…you don’t actually use fuses in your gear, correct? And Jond…the politeness and courtesy extended to me as a "worthy audio professional" (live concert sound mixer…"I get paid for this?") is nothing if not appreciated. 
Wow.  78 pages devoted mainly to discussing the merits of expensive fuses.  And some wonder why more people aren't attracted to this "hobby".  Go figure. 
jond ...

There's no need for you to feel "criticized" regarding your stance at all. I'll go on record right here and say that if A'gon wanted to add a political forum to the site I'd be totally against it. Why? Because it would be a good way to lose half of one's friends. So, even though I interjected a political "thought" in a previous post, I'm on your side.

Wolf ... 

I have no issues with your opinions ... until those opinions become personal attacks and/or personal insults. Why? For the same reason I would be against a political forum on this site. 

Frank
Marqmike, thanks very much for the nice words.

Regarding the appropriateness of political discussion at this forum, like JonD I was surprised at the controversy that resulted from his extremely polite and respectful request.  Which to Frank's credit was received amicably and readily agreed with by him, as the OP.

In the past I have seen many requests in other threads for members to avoid bringing politics (and also religion) into the discussion.  Jon's request was easily the most respectful and polite request of that kind that I can recall. 

And I agree that such discussions have no place here.  Although I suppose that arguing about what to argue about is preferable to arguing about such subject matter itself :-)

Regards,
-- Al