Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa

George,

It's a figure of  speech.

Uberwaltz,

You are absolutely correct.  Even those with the highest credentials in science and research readily and "humbly"  acknowledge this. With all the advancement and discovery there is much that lacks a satisfying explanation. Science it seems is forever a step behind the observable.

Charles

Folks who reside on remote islands let's say somewhere in the Pacific can be surprisingly superstitious and sometimes believe, for example, that a camera is witchcraft and when someone takes a snapshot of them it steals their souls.

😬

charles1dad, The problem is the "me" mentality.  Everything is about me me me.  If I don't like something, can't just ignore it but "respectively" ask to stop even though, a possibility majority of members have no issues with it.   This OPEN forum is my "safe house", my escape from life and reality.   I get to choose what subjects to discuss.

Like I said before, Agon is a just reflection of society and I'm sick of these intolerable &%*#!
@knghifi
if you really just need an escape from reality then Farcebook is as good a place as any...lol
Not much reality going on there last time i checked!
Pretty much anyone can say anything here, it is their choice. If we could remember when one chooses to ignore others comments it does not get much traction, it quickly becomes pretty much a non issue. That is a good thing mostly. And people have the choice instead of contributing a derogatory and contentious comment to have a  comment that contributes to the good of all here. It is a choice. And many here do choose well. Even if they are trying to correct someone,  as I think most here would agree Almarg and others have done so kindly and with dignity in the past. People like him raise our dignity for one another and our fun and enjoyment along with solving issues we may or may not have seen that we have.  

We all can't have it our exclusive way in any situation, we all need to fit in. And we can do so for our enjoyment, as has been done many times on this thread. I think most of us are here because we enjoy the hobby and the sharing of our joy. Sadly some enjoy bullying at times and some all the time. But ignoring them can help limit their comments or make them go away altogether.

Maybe other have mentioned this. A jazz vocal I really like is a 1963 recording of John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman on Desert Island Records reissued by Verve Records.