Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Hi Joe,
My older Frankenstein MK II ( bought new in 2009) uses one 3 amp slo blo(that plugs into the rear of the amplifier). The SR Red is 3.15 amp(closest match). Your Franks are a newer version so you may or may not have the same size fuse. Joe; the SR Red fuse actually made more of an impact than changing the stock input coupling capacitor(Solens) to the Jupiter copper foil (which was itself a worthwhile change). Just to give you an idea of the sonic effect in my system. Once the fuse burns in for a few days reverse the direction and see which placement sounds better to you.
Charles,
I am not sure where the most efficatious location is for fuse upgrades except to first replace the main fuse of each piece of equipment in the audio chain. I first started with the amp fuse and worked my way "upstream". Even a subwoofer benefits.

Charles1- I did the same thing with my DAC. I ordered the wrong fuses. The great thing with the Synergistic Research dealer organization was the fuse was exchanged for the correct value with no hassle.

Interestingly  to me is the Antelope DAC uses a fuse on both the hot and neutral circuits. It also has its own separate power supply. The "RED" fuses still made a big sonic difference. So despite a very expensive DAC manufacturer ( Antelope) going to the Nth degree for sonic clarity, changing the fuses to  Synergistic Research "RED" made a big improvement.

After putting in a fuse, I normally wait a week of use before changing the fuse direction. I have not heard as big a difference in fuse direction as TGB forum member has. Meaning the new "RED" fuse sounds better in either direction as compared to the stock fuse.
Wow, makes a bigger difference then the caps!
I'll have to order some, thanks.

Sorry for going off topic but, did you change the resistors in your amps to run less voltage and if so did it change the sound?

Best,
Joe 
David,
 I find that the change of fuse direction is "noticeable" but subtle in effect.

Joe,
Yes, the fuse seems to have a bit more of an impact. The capacitor change improved along the lines of refinement and tonality(which were already exceptionally good). Again just my observation.Your outcome/impression could be different for sure.
I have the resistors but haven't installed them yet(still waiting on the Elrog replacement). I'll definitely post my findings on the Elrog thread.
Charles,
I find the change in fuse direction subtle, too. However, if you have say four or five fuses in your system including fuses in speakers and you change the direction of each fuse one at a time, listening to the sound after each change, deciding whether the new direction is better or worse, then repeat the entire process to be sure you guessed right, at the end of the day, with all of the fuses in the right direction, the difference in sound will NOT be subtle. Or if you like, it will be subtle but powerful.

GK