Switching to battery power

Hi

Has anybody switched their audio system either wholly or partially to battery power? I've read that some folks have had good results using Goal Zero power stations for doing this, but I'm sure a couple of quality deep cycle and good full wave inverter would work no?

Please share if you have tried it and what your finding were.

Thanks
Paul
pauly
Pauly, Wrong. The amplifier section of every power amplifier you have ever listened to is powered by DC

Please just shut up. You said, and I quote you verbatim " You do not power the amplifier with a pure sine wave. You power it with pure DC." Now you’re trying to tell me you said the "amplifier section". You said no such thing

With a properly regulated power supply the quality of that AC power makes absolutely no difference. None, nada, zilch, zero.

I just tried it and it does. I trust my ears a lot more than the cr*p you post.

You don’t have anything of value to add, all you do is irritate those who try have a discussion to get some attention. Get lost.

@mijostyn,

obviously you continue to inhabit a Leibniz ‘best of all conceivable worlds’
To us lesser mortals, there are substantial audible and demonstrable benefits from cleaning up the AC via separate spurs, passive or active filtering and improvements to the earth connection. But then you seem to know how to perfectly regulate a power supply to make those efforts futile: more power to you!
But: until you tell us how, shut the f*** up!
@antigrunge

The guy posted pictures of his "sound system". His amplifiers were sitting  on his speakers. I kid you not. I really, honest to God, kid you not.

Enough said. 
@goofyfoot 

My model can act as a UPS, but best you confirm before you buy other models or other manufacturers offerings. 

Are you planning to jump in all at once, or do the DAC or phono first and see how it works for you? 
pauly, I plan to try my digital front end and then my phono amp and turntable. I’ll try those first, plugged directly into the battery and then through the passive line conditioner. The ECO is affordable by comparison to the other generator’s and if it does the job of powering everything besides my amplifier, then I’ll be happy.
I can say the ASR that I own is highly thought of by many in the audio community and their flagship components consist of the larger amplifier, two power supplies and the battery. Purchasing the power supplies and battery is costly but it raises the bar sound wise. I do not doubt that your hearing a difference with your amp connected to the battery.  I believe that at some point, interchangeable, after market battery units specifically for audio equipment will be common place.