Sweetest sounding 12AU7?

I have a Rogue 66 Magnum that came with Radiotechnique tubes.I have had these before in my old 99 phonostage along with some Telefunken 12AX7's
The old 99 phonostage sounded very good with this combination.
In the 66 linestage the R.T.'s sound somewhat bright.Im not sure how many hours are on them but I know they are fairly new.
Im wondering what a good 12AU7 would be for the 66.
I also have a pair of Sylvania's that came with the 66 but havent listened to them.I would guess they arent that great.
Any leads for a sweet and warm 12AU7?
Anyone have experience with Tungsram?
david99
Hi David:

I've never tried the later Sylvania's (Green). I have used Green 6922/6dj8's which were pretty good though (they were specialy screened/selected).

You might ask Rogue about using 5814, 6189 and possibly 5963 tubes. The 5963 tolerates less plate voltage than a 12au7, so it's not a direct sub in all circuits.

I'm also curious about Tungstram Ecc82's, but stopped buying tubes quite some time ago. They used to be listed @ ATSI Tube.

Maybe try a "Rogue 12au7" search @ AA? I prefer to research tubes as they are used in my paricular gear.
I have some good bids on eBay on matched pairs of 12AU7 Tungsram and the yellow label Sylvania's.
With my Radiotechniques and green label Sylvania's I'll be rolling in tubes for quite some time!
I'll post at a later date my findings.
Thanks Dekay and all others who responded.
I've tried many different tubes and have settled on two Tungsram 12au7's and one Tungsram 12ax7 (welded). Very sweet, full, accurate sound, with great soundstage and highly accurate timbre. BUT of course the sound is somewhat system-dependent!
I've tried many different tubes and have settled on two Tungsram 12au7's and one Tungsram 12ax7 (welded). Very sweet, full, accurate sound, with great soundstage and highly accurate timbre. BUT of course the sound is somewhat system-dependent!
When you're talking "sweet and warm" I would suggest a pair of British Mullard 12au7's, NOS. Approx. vintage 1960-1965. Talk to Andy Bauman of Vintage Tube Services. I talked to him at length about this, and these are what he recommended. I have had several pairs of these tubes and they seemed pretty consistent in sound quality.