Sweet Vinyl Sugarcube - I Want It!!!

At the NY Audio Show this past weekend, I got to see and hear the demo of the Sweet Vinyl Sugarcube.  This PC-based stand alone unit is amazing.  Here is what it does:

1.  De-clicks vinyl - and does so completely transparently, and is user-adjustable (more or less filtering of clicks and pops). 

2.  Digitizes vinyl - MP3 through 24/192 resolution.

3.  Locates metadata for LPs being played/digitized, including cover art

4.  Inserts track divisions based on the metadata (wow!).

5.  Compensates for non-RIAA recordings

6.  Plug in apps will do even more, like reducing groove noise.

It inserts in a line-level loop or between your phono preamp and preamp.  It has digital (S/PDIF and USB) outputs as well as analog outputs.

Projected retail is $2500, and they plan a kickstarter campaign soon.

If you spend time digitizing vinyl, this thing is nothing short of a miracle.  I want one so badly I can taste it.

(I am not associated with Sweet Vinyl in any way.)

bondmanp
Well, there have been some setbacks at Sweetvinyl, so the Sugarcube units are still being built and tested.  It looks like my SC-2 will ship without a lot of the functionality that was promised.  However, all the functionality promised will be available as downloadable software updates, so I don't see the downside to taking delivery before all the features are ready and tested.  I will try to post any further news about this product here.  Stay tuned!
I put a deposit down for an SC-2, but I am not in the beta tester group. Sounds like the SC-1 is very close to rolling out. I'm hoping to read the impressions of SC-1 owners about the real-time click and pop removal feature.
thaluza - Have you ever heard a Sugarcube demo?  I have.  Extremely impressive.  The click & pop removal sounded totally transparent to me.  Plus, Sweetvinyl claims they have further improved the process in the last few months.  Hopefully, our patience will be well rewarded.
bondmanp - No I have not. I only have read some posts and Fremer's initial impression. I'm looking for an easy way to digitize my fairly large vinyl collection. The SC-2 is very appealing to me. I just got a Coincident Statement Phono Stage, which has an extra output and a line input, which is perfect for the SC-2. I will be able to compare the click and pop removal feature with the flick of a switch. It's going to be fun!

Sounds like you are all set up for your Sugarcube, thaluza. 

One of the cool features on it allows you to listen to the whole, unfiltered signal, the de-clicked signal, or just the clicks being filtered.  This is important, because, using the de-clicker adjustment knob, you can easily select a level of click-removal that does not also remove some of the music signal.  If you hear any music in the click-only setting, you are overdoing it on the filter.  Simply dial it back until the music is gone, and you have the optimal amount of filtering.  Brilliant!