Swapping Paradigm studio 100 tweeter to Beryllium

I own paradigm studio 100 v5 for a couple of years, and wondered whether it is possible to swap the original G-Pal tweeter with the signature P-Be Beryllium tweeter.

Tweeter sizes apear to be the same.

I read only about one person who actually performed this swap, which, according to his testimony, made wonders to the speaker. Since he was banned from that forum, a complete feedback could not be achieved..

Due to the signature overpricing, I'm considering this option.

I would love to have feedback whether anyone else performed this swap, and their feedback: compatebility, final performance, P-Be pricing, crossover issues..

Thanks in advance for your responses!
tivanlasik

Showing 1 response by majortom

A new 30th anniversary Studio 100 with a berillium tweeter, a new crossover, all new Signature series drivers has just come out $$$. It's not called a Studio 100, the and a new base. The Special Edition Studio model is the Tribute. They also came out with a special edition Studio 20.
That's probably is a prelude of the future Studio v6 lineup. That's the way Paradigm proceeds, trickeling down the performing drivers down to the lower lines of products. The studio tweeter is now showing up in monitor lineup so it's only normal they will start adding the newer drivers to the Studio line as they come up with new drivers in the Signature serie.