Swapping Paradigm studio 100 tweeter to Beryllium

I own paradigm studio 100 v5 for a couple of years, and wondered whether it is possible to swap the original G-Pal tweeter with the signature P-Be Beryllium tweeter.

Tweeter sizes apear to be the same.

I read only about one person who actually performed this swap, which, according to his testimony, made wonders to the speaker. Since he was banned from that forum, a complete feedback could not be achieved..

Due to the signature overpricing, I'm considering this option.

I would love to have feedback whether anyone else performed this swap, and their feedback: compatebility, final performance, P-Be pricing, crossover issues..

Thanks in advance for your responses!
tivanlasik

Showing 3 responses by b_limo

I'm guessing that the beryllium tweets are expensive. I'm interested in what you find out as I just got some studio 20's two days ago after owning studio 10's for three months. On a side note, how long did you play your speaker at moderate levels before really cranking them? I think I played my 10's too loud too soon. About day number 2, I turned them up, too loud obviously, and heard a slight pop from one speaker. After that, my mid and tweeter, from that one speaker, made a popping / distorted noise whenever I played them loud. By contrast, the speaker that didn't pop, could be played three, four, even five db's loder. What do you think?
I wonder why they would only sell them to you if you already have sig's. Could it be that they do just drop in, and then you have something very close to sig's for half the money? I'm calling paradigm tomorrow to see what's up!