SVS vs REL and experiences with both: your comments and preferences...

I’ve owned SVS and now own REL but just wondering who has had both and would care to share your experiences between the two. They seem to both have great advertising but a much different approach to it . Customer service is top notch too.  They both to me seem to have tons of reviews and getting awards......Thoughts.....
128x128bacardi
You realize that SVS started out making subs and only later added speakers and other items?
absolutely....I almost tried the svs speakers but didn’t. That’s when I purchased the PB13 Ultra....wasn’t 
@barcardi,
They both make great subs, but Rel subs do things that no other subs do and that is that they effect the whole spectrum. Highs, midrange and low end is effected. Scale and depth of soundstage is affected. And that’s something special as they specialize in just subs.....
That is exactly how I feel about PSA subs and what their designer Tom Vodhanel does. That’s what I call ’voicing’. PSA does it, if not better than any other sub manufacturer for far less cost to the customer than REL or SVS. I’ve owned 4 different pairs of SVS subs and never liked any one of the models voicing. And Tom Vodhanel's PSA customer service is legendary. REL to me, is way overpriced, IMHO. The highest compliment I can give PSA subs is you can’t hear them. You only notice them when they are not on/playing.

@tyray, the problem is that the Euro dollar is awefull then the exchange if your Canadian which contributes to people not deciding on Rel. Understandable. But if one is willing, a Rel is the sub to have....IMO.....
I have had a number of SVS subs in the past...  I started with the Ultra16, their flagship sub at the time, it died within a few hours of use on the day it arrived.  The amp went.  It was replaced with another one, it died within a week, the speaker coil fried.    My impressions of it while they were working was that it lacked detail, it was not musical at all, very boomy.
I later got two or three different cylinder subs from them, the basic one up to their top line Ultra versions.   3 of the 4 subs I used (over a few months time) died; one set on fire internally and filled the room with acrid smoke of burnt electronics.  That was enough of that, I got my money refunded (they do have very good customer service) and I moved on to Axiom Audio subs and I got one Bryston Model T sub.  Granted the Bryston is expensive, way more than the top line SVS, it was around $5500; but holy moly what a difference in build quality and performance.  The Axiom subs are super nice too, in fact they build Bryston speakers.   All of the newer subs from these guys are bulletproof and extremely musical, smooth, articulate and detailed.   It's real bass.   Plus all of the drivers and amps are built in Canada, no Chinese import stuff here and it shows.
That is my experience in the sub world.