SVS SUBWOOFERS

Interested in their cylindrical subs.....does anyone have any experience and what advice positive or negative could one provide
Thankso
beneteau45

Showing 3 responses by bo1972

I saw them and heard them. Even wenn you give them me for free I would not want these f.....ugly sub's. They are too slow.
I tested many subwoofers in 15 years of time. You Always need a closed subwoofer with only one bass unit in the front to get stealth integration. SVS does not have the fastest response in movement of the speakerunits. How you test this? Always in stereo to hear if the subwoofder integrates with the speakers and if the proportion of the instruments and voices keep there small proportions. Many subwoofers are not good enough. For example: Jacintha in her name numer 6 of the album. The contrabass is on the left side of the recording. The weight and energy need to be on the left side also wenn the sun is on the right side of the speakers. Many subwoofers are not able to get the energy and low freq. touchable like it would be with stereo speakers only. With Audyssey pro and extrme fast subwoofers I can get full stealth integration with subwoofers and that instruments and voices keep the right dimensions. Wenn you use 3 bassports in a sub they speed is slow as hell. It is that simple!!
I will explain why I use the 6 of Jacintha is her name album. The contrabass is on the left side of the recording. Wenn you put the subwoofer on the right side you can hear how it integrates with the speakers. First the contrabass needs to be very small in dimension also with the subwoofer. Often wenn you but it to on/off you hear the contrabass becomes less focussed or bigger wenn the sub is set to on. Second point all the energy and drive of the contrabass need to be coming from the left side even wenn the sub is standing on the right side. With most subs the contrabass becomes less sharp focussed or bigger. You can easily hear the energy coming from the subwoofer. Wenn I let people hear this number with my sub they think and know for sure it is off. They are amazed that it is comming from the subwoofer. At a big audio show this year most people didn't understand. They never heard a subwoofer this integrated wit the speakers. That is why I call this stealth inegration. Full integration. Even wenn the low freq. are recorded far behind the speakers ( in depth) you will hear it is coming from there. I use Audyssey pro with my way of measurment to get this level. I measure at different places and hights compared to Audyssey. This way is far superior to the way Audyssey uses it. ( so much more dynamics, better focus and more resolution) There way is ok, but I use it from highend perspective. Without this measurement you never will come even close to stealth integration. But you also need sub's who are fast like a rocket. Like Revel sub's and the PLW-15 from Monitor Audio. And sub's who are sealed.